Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40 degrees!

Hi this is my First time here!
    Im 22 now and still i know the degree of my curvature when i done chest xray sa radiologist readings 40 dergrees cob so then i go to a Othopedic and said my scoliosis is mild.. so he refer me to a PT. but he wants me to undergo another xrY THIS OCTBER 2011
    coz he cant read it all he want full neck to my hips xray...

heres my xray pls comment,,,

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...1_691394_n.jpg
    Last edited by Jeanne Lee; 05-11-2011, 11:29 PM.

Hi there,

I checked out your x-ray and I don't see any curve on it anywhere that approaches 40 degrees. I would agree that your scoliosis is very mild (guessing considerably under 20 degrees at most in the upper spine). Certainly nothing close to needing any surgery. That's great news!

If you are in pain PT would be the first thing to try. It can be extremely helpful.

Good luck!
    Gayle, age 50
    Oct 2010 fusion T8-sacrum w/ pelvic fixation
    Feb 2012 lumbar revision for broken rods @ L2-3-4
    Sept 2015 major lumbar A/P revision for broken rods @ L5-S1

mom of Leah, 15 y/o, Diagnosed '08 with 26* T JIS (age 6)
    2010 VBS Dr Luhmann Shriners St Louis
    2017 curves stable/skeletely mature

also mom of Torrey, 12 y/o son, 16* T, stable

Comment

I agree with Gayle that your curve does not look 40 degrees.

I also agree with the Orthopedist that it would be nice to see your neck in the X Ray. Do you have neck pain? Does your head sit midline over your torso? Do you have full range of motion of your neck?
      Resilience

treated w Milwaukee Brace FT for 3 yrs
      currently 46 with 35 LL and 40 RT curves

8 yr old diagnosed w Scoli 8/10 with 27 LL and 27 RT
      11/10 TLSO Full Time
      4/11 22 LL and 24 RT on waiting list for VBS at Shriners Phila
      12/11 curves still in the 20s but now has some rib cage changes from the brace
      VBS 4/25/12 with Dr. Samdani. Pre Op: 29 RT and 25 LL Post Op: 17 RT and 9 LL
      10/13: 15 RT and 10 LL

Comment

I agree with both of the above posts. I'm not sure what the radiologist was smoking, but you have what looks like maybe a 20 degree curve in the upper thoracic area. It's impossible to know for certain without the cervical area in the image.

If you don't have pain, I would ignore the issue completely. If you do have pain, then pursuing a full spine xray and continued PT would probably be a good strategy.

Regards,
        Linda
        Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
        Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Thank u everyone for the comment.. I have on and off pain even if its mild....and I feel like im hunch back coz my back is uneven but i have normal kyphosis..

Comment

Hello

Thank u everyone for the comment.. I have on and off pain even if its mild....and I feel like im hunch back coz my back is uneven but i have normal kyphosis..

Comment

Hello

I dont have a pain in the neck.. I have pain at my right back close to my shoulder... I done my PT but still the pain is there... On and off.

Comment

I agree with the others that the Xray doesn't look anywhere near 40 degrees. Sounds to me like this guy doesn't know how to measure curves properly.

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
                Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
                Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
                Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
                Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Working...
                X