leg weakness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leg weakness

Hi Im almost three weeks out of surgery and am having trouble with my left side. The left side was my concave side. So now Im having more pain than the right in the torso and down the leg. It went out on me trying to climb the stairs last night. Thank God my husband was right behind me i smashed my right leg into the step. Has anyone else had this happen to them? Thanks

Sarahcant
    march 15, 2010
    nyu
    full fusion
    Sarahcant
    Surgery March 15
    Dr. Errico NYU
    Fused T-3 to S-1
    an inch and change taller
    nice and straight
    49 years old (yikes)

I haven't had that level of weakness but hope you get some answers from others here. I'd keep an eye on that.
    Female, age 38
    4 years of bracing, concluded at 42*upper/38*lower
    currently 64*upper/40*lower
    Fused T3-L4 on Feb 23 2011
    now 32*upper/18* lower

Comment

left side weakness

I spoke to a woman I know whos not on the forum but had the same fusion as me and she said its from where they shave the bone for the fusion and that she had the same thing. Im still calling the doctor on Monday to see what they say.

Sarahcant
      Sarahcant
      Surgery March 15
      Dr. Errico NYU
      Fused T-3 to S-1
      nice and straight
      49 years old (yikes)

Comment

Ah - I declined autograft (is that the word?) for donor bone - I didn't want a second incision site since I hear that women often have longterm chronic pain/soreness at that site.

Has that been your experience? I'm assuming this was iliac crest scraping?
        Female, age 38
        4 years of bracing, concluded at 42*upper/38*lower
        currently 64*upper/40*lower
        Fused T3-L4 on Feb 23 2011
        now 32*upper/18* lower

Comment

not sure

I feel like an idiot that I dont know what was done however i know that i didnt have another incision. i spoke to dr. erricos office today and she said its prob from the pt working me too soon. She said i shouldnt have any pt until 3 to 6 months after surgery. Hes prob been irritating the nerves. so im on prednisone for 6 days to bring the swelling down. Oh this is sooo much fun. Thanks for your input

Sarahcant
          march 15
          Sarahcant
          Surgery March 15
          Dr. Errico NYU
          Fused T-3 to S-1
          nice and straight
          49 years old (yikes)

Comment

Working...
          X