Thread hijacking!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread hijacking!!!

I'm sure most of you have noticed that there is a "guest" poster named guarninna that is hijacking many, many threads. This person appears to be trying to push online pharmaceuticals. I'm posting this warning just in case someone, by chance, would fall for this scheme. Hopefully, Linda can remove these posts. PLEASE BE CAREFUL!
    Be happy!
    We don't know what tomorrow brings,
    but we are alive today!

Rohrer-- down at the bottom left of each post, there's a triangle you can click on that reports a post you think is not appropriate. That lets Linda and/or Joe know about posts like that. Not sure if you knew about that.
    Last edited by Susie*Bee; 03-17-2011, 05:28 AM. Reason: typo
    71 and plugging along... but having some problems
    2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
    5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
    Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
    CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
    10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Spammers are SO rude! I won't even bother to click on the links he/she posted.
      Son 14 y/o diagnosed January 20th. 2011 with 110* Curve
      Halo Traction & 1st. surgery on March 22nd. 2011
      Spinal Fusion on April 19th. 2011

Dr. Krajbich @ Shriners Childrens Hospital, Portland Oregon

http://tinyurl.com/Elias-Before
      http://tinyurl.com/Elias-After

Comment

Originally posted by Susie*Bee View Post
        Rohrer-- down at the bottom left of each post, there's a triangle you can click on that reports a post you think is not appropriate. That let's Linda and/or Joe know about posts like that. Not sure if you knew about that.
        Thanks. I didn't know about that.
        Be happy!
        We don't know what tomorrow brings,
        but we are alive today!

Comment

On-line pharmaceuticals???

Sale of these are expressly forbidden by Federal law. They can be reported:

https://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/w...mpireSubmit.do
          Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
          Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

i think you are referring to the ones that do not require a prescription...i believe those violate the Federal drug laws...

jess

Comment

On-line pharmacy sales

Originally posted by jrnyc View Post
              i think you are referring to the ones that do not require a prescription...i believe those violate the Federal drug laws...

jess
              Au contraire:

They do require a prescription and very often fall under federal Law regarding controlled dangerous sunstances. See link below:
              http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/consumer_alert.htm
              Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
              Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

i don't understand...it says repeatedly that one must have a prescription...it sounds as if it is legal with a legal pharmacy and a valid prescription from a doctor one sees on a regular basis, not some bogus doctor, like the ones in CA writing "medical marijuana" prescriptions for everyone who walks in off the street....
                i know people who send away for their meds at cheaper prices, totally legitimately...

"This means there must be a real doctor-patient relationship, which by most state laws requires a physical examination."

jess
                Last edited by jrnyc; 03-21-2011, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Illegal Rx sites.

Originally posted by jrnyc View Post
                  i don't understand...it says repeatedly that one must have a prescription...it sounds as if it is legal with a legal pharmacy and a valid prescription from a doctor one sees on a regular basis, not some bogus doctor, like the ones in CA writing "medical marijuana" prescriptions for everyone who walks in off the street....
                  i know people who send away for their meds at cheaper prices, totally legitimately...

"This means there must be a real doctor-patient relationship, which by most state laws requires a physical examination."

jess
                  The problem has been some sites do not require a prescription. Other sites have an on-line doctor(!?) who writes a prescription without a physical exam-- after a person fills out a questionnaire. This is against the law.

Comment

Working...
                  X