Is this unusual? passedout!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Karen,
    I'm glad to hear you are off the oxy and feeling better. You might want to put something in the shower to hold onto to steady yourself.

I am on Neurontin (Gabapentin) for the pain in my upper abdomen. It does help by reducing the pain from 8 to 3 or 4. If I lay down for a while, I have no pain. On the other hand, when I start walking for more than 10 minutes I start getting the pain again. So, I'm not walking for exercise much.

On the other hand, I have gone shopping (last week for the first time - it feels great) and walked next to and not hanging over the cart. I have no pain in my legs for the first time in about 25 years when I stand or walk. My husband pushes the cart. However, after a while, my pain starts in my abdomen just as if I walked for exercise.

Tomorrow is my 9-week checkup with the surgeon. I saw him about the pain Jan. 10. Let's see what he has to say. I would hate to think that I traded in the pain in my legs while standing and walking for pain in my abdomen.

As for dropping things, my cell phone fell out of my pocket into the toilet. My husband had to retrieve it because I can't bend over. Talk about the "dropsies."

Comment

Irene,
      Let us know about your next check-up. Hopefully, they can get the abdomen problem taken care of. Great news with no pain in your legs!
      How's the cell phone? I hope your husband retrieved it in time that it still works.
      Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
      Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
      70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
      Rib Hump-GONE!
      Age-60 at the time of surgery
      Now 66
      Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
      Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
      Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
      Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
      tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
      http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

Thanks for the good wishes.

No, the cell phone didn't work. Hence, the need to go shopping for a new one. The shopping got me out of the house and made me feel almost "normal."

I'll report on tomorrow's visit with the surgeon.

Comment

Originally posted by backissues View Post
          Karen,
          I'm glad to hear you are off the oxy and feeling better. You might want to put something in the shower to hold onto to steady yourself.

I am on Neurontin (Gabapentin) for the pain in my upper abdomen. It does help by reducing the pain from 8 to 3 or 4. If I lay down for a while, I have no pain. On the other hand, when I start walking for more than 10 minutes I start getting the pain again. So, I'm not walking for exercise much.

On the other hand, I have gone shopping (last week for the first time - it feels great) and walked next to and not hanging over the cart. I have no pain in my legs for the first time in about 25 years when I stand or walk. My husband pushes the cart. However, after a while, my pain starts in my abdomen just as if I walked for exercise.

Tomorrow is my 9-week checkup with the surgeon. I saw him about the pain Jan. 10. Let's see what he has to say. I would hate to think that I traded in the pain in my legs while standing and walking for pain in my abdomen.

As for dropping things, my cell phone fell out of my pocket into the toilet. My husband had to retrieve it because I can't bend over. Talk about the "dropsies."
          Hi there, I just wondered if your abdominal pain could possibly a hernia. I've heard that spine surgery like this can cause or worsen a hernia. Just a thought. Hope you feel better soon!
          Laurie Anne
          Age 30
          Pre-Op Curves T68, L80, Kyphosis 48 degrees
          Post-Op Curves both around 10 degrees
          Surgery with Dr. Lenke & Dr. Kelly 12/13/10
          Gained 2.5 inches now 5'9
          PRE-OP Photos: http://s1080.photobucket.com/albums/...urieScoliosis/
          5 Mos Post Op: http://s1080.photobucket.com/albums/...s%20Post%20Op/
          1-Year Post Op: http://s1080.photobucket.com/albums/...r%20Post%20Op/

Comment

I remember getting light-headed several times during the first month or so, and I'm also another one with normal low blood pressure. I think the pain meds just make it lower, so you have to be careful. For weeks I used a shower chair when showering, and my husband also installed 2 stainless steel handles in the shower that I would hold onto in the shower, especially when I closed my eyes to rinse my hair.

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
            Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
            Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
            Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
            Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Working...
            X