Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mariaf View Post
    UNBELIEVABLE, MARY LOU!!!

Really leaves a bad taste in your mouth about CLEAR and everything and everyone connected to it.............
    Yep, mine too.
    Mom to Jamie age 21-diagnosed at age 12-spinal fusion 12/7/2004-fused from T3-L2; and Tracy age 19, mild Scoliosis-diagnosed at age 18.

Comment

• [QUOTE=mariaf;116244]I wonder what his response would be with regard to the doctors at all of the Shriners hospitals who don't ask for money - why aren't they all referring patients to CLEAR?QUOTE]

Good point. Should I ask him?

Mary Lou
      Mom to Jamie age 21-diagnosed at age 12-spinal fusion 12/7/2004-fused from T3-L2; and Tracy age 19, mild Scoliosis-diagnosed at age 18.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Snoopy;116263]
        Originally posted by mariaf View Post
        I wonder what his response would be with regard to the doctors at all of the Shriners hospitals who don't ask for money - why aren't they all referring patients to CLEAR?QUOTE]

Good point. Should I ask him?

Mary Lou
        I'm sure he'd have some illogical reason why the Shriners docs don't refer patients to CLEAR, when the real reason (according to the docs I have spoken to) is that they do not believe it works.

Kudos to you for keeping this guy and his colleagues away from the members of your support group!
        mariaf305@yahoo.com
        Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
        Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

• Mary Lou,

I sent you a Private Message.
          mariaf305@yahoo.com
          Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
          Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

• My 13yo daughter has started her third week of CLEAR treatment. Her lumbar curve reduced from 36 to 26 after the first two weeks. Her FHP was addressed. They have made some major advances in the last year as far as maintaining the progress made during treatment. Her 10* reduction has held for 3 months while she is still growing. I can visibily see the difference. I have had nothing but a positive experience with CLEAR. Again, they have made advances. I don't wish to have debates with anyone though. I will post my daughter's progress, good or bad. As far as taking xrays immediately post tx, there is usually no other choice since most people have traveled great distances and cannot come back just for an xray. However, the moment of truth for us was the xray 90 days after the last week of treatment, and the reduction held. I have also heard many other success stories from parents I met in the waiting room and have kept in touch with since this last December. It is the treatment that made the most sense to me as a parent.

Comment

• I will definitely post more info as I have it. Time will tell a lot. So far I can answer the question about the treatments at home. She does 3-15 minute treatments a day. She wears 3 different sets of weights, while on a bosu ball which sits on a vibe plate. She is a very responsible girl, so compliance is not an issue. She has always had a sensory perception issue, as does my son. Her nickname is "Grace". Stumbles over her own feet, trips, loses her balance, falls off of chairs, etc. It has greatly improved with the NMR in addition to the curve reduction. I will keep you updated.

Comment

• Originally posted by DawnT View Post
                My 13yo daughter has started her third week of CLEAR treatment. Her lumbar curve reduced from 36 to 26 after the first two weeks. Her FHP was addressed. They have made some major advances in the last year as far as maintaining the progress made during treatment. Her 10* reduction has held for 3 months while she is still growing. I can visibily see the difference. I have had nothing but a positive experience with CLEAR. Again, they have made advances. I don't wish to have debates with anyone though. I will post my daughter's progress, good or bad. As far as taking xrays immediately post tx, there is usually no other choice since most people have traveled great distances and cannot come back just for an xray. However, the moment of truth for us was the xray 90 days after the last week of treatment, and the reduction held. I have also heard many other success stories from parents I met in the waiting room and have kept in touch with since this last December. It is the treatment that made the most sense to me as a parent.
                Hi Dawn,
                Does your daughter wear a brace? My daughter is wearing the LA brace and will begin the Schroth exercises, but I've heard about the CLEAR and am curious about that as well.

Thank you

Comment

My 13yo daughter has started her third week of CLEAR treatment. Her lumbar curve reduced from 36 to 26 after the first two weeks. Her FHP was addressed. They have made some major advances in the last year as far as maintaining the progress made during treatment. Her 10* reduction has held for 3 months while she is still growing. I can visibily see the difference. I have had nothing but a positive experience with CLEAR. Again, they have made advances. I don't wish to have debates with anyone though. I will post my daughter's progress, good or bad. As far as taking xrays immediately post tx, there is usually no other choice since most people have traveled great distances and cannot come back just for an xray. However, the moment of truth for us was the xray 90 days after the last week of treatment, and the reduction held. I have also heard many other success stories from parents I met in the waiting room and have kept in touch with since this last December. It is the treatment that made the most sense to me as a parent.

Hi Dawn! I'm glad you posted! It is good to hear from other CLEAR patients and parents. It sounds like you are having a wonderful experience with CLEAR! I am so happy for you and your daughter! May I ask which CLEAR you went to? We went to the one in Green Bay, WI, with Dr. Dovorany. What do you think of the dr?

I agree, the moment of truth will come 90 days after the last treatment. As you know if you have read the full post, we had her XRayed a good deal and there is some controversy about that. But we really wanted to have some good, accurate data.

She did not decrease by even 10*, I was hoping for a better improvement. On the other hand, in 6 months she had not increased any AT ALL, while still growing. So really, that is good news. I don't have an update yet since January, but I will post back when I get more info.

You/she did 3 weeks of CLEAR? Wow, that's intense! May I ask how much that cost? Did you buy the chair, and if so, how often does she do it? Do you think you may go back for additional treatment?

I am really happy for you both and hope the results you got will stay or improve. It sounds like we have very similar situations/cases. I wish you the very best. I'll be hoping for you both!
                  Mother of 14 yr old daughter with scoliosis
                  Diagnosed at 12th birthday 1/09: 17T 13L
                  6/09: 18T 14L Oh God she's increasing
                  4/10: 27T 16L My worst nightmare
                  7/10: 33T 18L Oh help God!
                  7/10: off to CLEAR Institute: We'll see
                  10/10: 33T 16L What?
                  1/11: 31T 16L 6 months after CLEAR... hhmmm...

"What a long, strange trip it's been..."

Comment

Hi Dawn! I'm glad you posted! It is good to hear from other CLEAR patients and parents. It sounds like you are having a wonderful experience with CLEAR! I am so happy for you and your daughter! May I ask which CLEAR you went to? We went to the one in Green Bay, WI, with Dr. Dovorany. What do you think of your dr?

I agree, the moment of truth will come 90 days after the last treatment. As you know if you have read the full post, we had her XRayed a good deal and there is some controversy about that. But we really wanted to have some good, accurate data.

She did not decrease by even 10* as your daughter did and I was hoping for a better improvement. On the other hand, in 6 months she had not increased any AT ALL, while still growing. So really, that is good news. I don't have an update yet since January, but I will post back when I get more info.

You/she did 3 weeks of CLEAR? Wow, that's intense! May I ask how much that cost? Did you buy the chair, and if so, how often does she do it? Do you think you may go back for additional treatment?

I am really happy for you both and hope the results you got will stay or improve. It sounds like we have very similar situations/cases. I wish you the very best. I'll be hoping for you both!

Comment

• Originally posted by hdugger
                      Thanks for the post, Dawn. If you can, it would be really helpful if you could continue to periodically post how your daughter is doing.

The questions that most often get asked are:

* Will the reduction last? In particular, will the reduction hold all the way to maturity.
                      * Does your orthopedic surgeon measure the same gains as those measured at the CLEAR office?
                      * How long do the exercises take each day and (over time) can you daughter keep up with them

You aren't going to know those answers yet, but it would be really great if you could post again and let us know how things are going.
                      hdugger:

Our orthopedic surgeon did measure the exact same angles as CLEAR, immediately both before and after treatment, so that was reassuring.

Comment

• Oops

It looks like they posted my comments above twice...

Comment

Working...
                        X