So glad I found you guys!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me too, Elisa...

I've been off working on a twice a year off-to-the-hills work assignment where I have no cell reception and no computer, but I've been checking the forum late at night. Your Elias is quite the guy, and I can't weight () to know that he is successfully out of surgery. I like thinking of you being in the company of Hdugger tomorrow, and I wish everyone all the best during this momentous day! Hugs to you all.

Amy
    Amy
    58 yrs old, diagnosed at 31, never braced
    Measured T-64, L-65 in 2009
    Measured T-57, L-56 in 2010, different doc
    2 lumbar levels spondylolisthesis
    Exercising to correct

Comment

• Elisa,

sending best wishes and positive energy for Elias tomorrow. I love that you had a get out of traction party this evening. May you all sleep well tonight and have a wonderful life changing day tomorrow! I'm glad you'll be with a friend. I, as well as so many of us, will be thinking of you both tomorrow.
      Resilience

treated w Milwaukee Brace FT for 3 yrs
      currently 46 with 35 LL and 40 RT curves

8 yr old diagnosed w Scoli 8/10 with 27 LL and 27 RT
      11/10 TLSO Full Time
      4/11 22 LL and 24 RT on waiting list for VBS at Shriners Phila
      12/11 curves still in the 20s but now has some rib cage changes from the brace
      VBS 4/25/12 with Dr. Samdani. Pre Op: 29 RT and 25 LL Post Op: 17 RT and 9 LL
      10/13: 15 RT and 10 LL

Comment

• Thank you Hdugger for being our on the spot support crew.

I'll flick back tonight and see how it's going. It's just after 3pm here and I think there's about 12 - 14 hours time diff. Hopefully, you are both sleeping soundly right now.
        Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
        Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
        T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
        Osteotomies and Laminectomies
        Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

• All best wishes for a smooth operation and a fast recovery! I'll be thinking of you both.

boomergal
          54 years old
          T57, L43
          surgery scheduled with Dr. Boachie 7/05/11

Comment

• Thanks everyone for caring!

I just left Elias as they were taking him into the OR. They have to wait a bit until Dr. Krajbich finishes up a small procedure he is doing for another kid but he's almost done. They won't put Elias under anasthetic until Dr. K is ready to start. They are also leaving his halo/weights on during surgery to keep the tension on the spine and they will be removed at the end I'm told. They gave him some Valium at about 7:15. I'll be getting updates about every hour and will try to post them if possible. It's 8:35 AM here in Portland.
            Son 14 y/o diagnosed January 20th. 2011 with 110* Curve
            Halo Traction & 1st. surgery on March 22nd. 2011
            Spinal Fusion on April 19th. 2011

Dr. Krajbich @ Shriners Childrens Hospital, Portland Oregon

http://tinyurl.com/Elias-Before
            http://tinyurl.com/Elias-After

Comment

• Originally posted by Elisa View Post
              Thanks everyone for caring!

I just left Elias as they were taking him into the OR. They have to wait a bit until Dr. Krajbich finishes up a small procedure he is doing for another kid but he's almost done. They won't put Elias under anasthetic until Dr. K is ready to start. They are also leaving his halo/weights on during surgery to keep the tension on the spine and they will be removed at the end I'm told. They gave him some Valium at about 7:15. I'll be getting updates about every hour and will try to post them if possible. It's 8:35 AM here in Portland.
              I'm sure the procedure will be a huge success. Hang in there... it will be over before you know it.

--Linda
              Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
              Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

• What a day! It's finally here! I'll be watching for updates all day, and thinking of you all throughout the day, too. I'm a mother, too. . .I can only try to imagine what this ordeal has been. I'm looking forward to hearing great news at the end of today, and of a great final result.
                Fused T-3 to L-3, Aug 25
                Hardware removal surgery, Nov 2, 2010
                Fused T-10 to L-2, osteotomy, Feb 22, 2011

Comment

• Surgery is done!

They're closing everything up now and will let me know when he's in recovery. I'm told he's doing great. Hdhugger is still with me. :-D

Comment

• Great news!!!!

This episode will soon be behind you.
                    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
                    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

• Surgery is done @ 1:20 PM.

They're closing everything up now and will let me know when he's in recovery. I'm told he's doing great. Hdhugger is still with me. :-D

Comment

• Hooray, that's great news!

boomergal
                        54 years old
                        T57, L43
                        surgery scheduled with Dr. Boachie 7/05/11

Comment

• Great news!!! I hope he has a speedy recovery!!!

Comment

• That's great! Glad you have had company for the duration. Especially glad this is almost over for you both.
                            Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
                            Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
                            T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
                            Osteotomies and Laminectomies
                            Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

• wonderful news!
                              wishing Elias an uneventful, rapid and steady recovery...
                              and a happy, pain free life!

jess

Comment

• Surgery went extremely well!

We're back in our room now and Elias is resting comfortably. He looks so good! His halo is off, he's in a regular hospital bed and we just switched him from his back to his side and he liked that. He also as a regular pillow now for the first time in four weeks and is enjoying a having a bit more mobility in his neck.

I have not talked to Dr. Krajbich yet as he had to do something with another kid in the OR and will come down to our room asap. Apparently he is very pleased with how everything went during the surgery as well as the results. I did look at the x-ray of his new back and WOW, it looks amazing! I am dying to find out the actual measurement but it looks very straight. The actual fusion went from T-4 to L-2.

Thank you hdugger for spending the day with me today; appreciate it. :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X