Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pain Clinics treating me like criminal and worse.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i got a lecture today from my rheumatologist, whom i've known 20 years...
    he thinks i am being given too many pain meds (by another doctor) and is upset that my weight is down again, to 92 pounds...but he is sure i have a an "eating disorder" unrelated to having no appetite from pain medication...

however, i can't eat with hydrocodone and the oxy is the worst for killing appetite...i take the oxy every other day now, cause the pain is so bad...
    (i posted in "nonsurgical" under "are you losing weight")

sooo...he wants me to see a shrink for an eating disorder, but i told him i have a "pain disorder"!

you're up in Canada not getting meds, i am down in the States being told i am getting too many meds!!

we could switch places for a while...

the bottom line is he thinks i am in denial about eating disorder and using pain meds as the excuse....i told him no, the pain is the problem, and the meds for the pain prevent the appetite from being there at all!

Catch 22??

jess
    Last edited by jrnyc; 11-30-2010, 02:04 AM. Reason: splg

Comment

Weight?

Why is it I have gained? It seems my metabolism has slowed and I eat 2 meals a day with 2 fruits in the early part of the day. Meals are 6 hours apart and then at night I grab a small snack, like just now - handful of whole wheat chips ans some philly cheese + red pepper (pure) dip. I know i should be doing 3+ meals and all the rest, I used to be just shy of a Reg dietici. .. but since the outdoor pools closed for the summer I cant get my fat ass into an indoor pool - they gross me out.

good news, the new doc I got wrote me 3 refills = 3 months of my Oxy & clonaz but he says if he cant get my files history from the previous docs he may not continue with me after Feb / 2011 ...

I was supposed to fuk off out of town with family this morning and drive 10 hours into the great ontario bush to see a relative whos got a cyst on the brain and my refill isnt till Sat /11th and the doc would not release me them 2.5 days early.

he knows I was planning to leave the country soon too and .... well, times have changed. This oxycodone shit is a two edged sword.

1 - it has clearly added value and life to my life.
      2 - it has me hostage in it being addictive (opiate withdrawals) and the GOV locally does not allow any funny business to happen such as releasing my meds early for ...

Pisses me off. I understand him, respect the rules 100%, .... what would have happened if I bought a plane ticket with no cancell insur.???????????????
      I can tell you = I would have been jumping thru his window head first.

All i want is to find a doc that will allow to live my life, treat me, provide me with the pain relief that allows me to be. The past 9 months have been hell.

Originally posted by jrnyc View Post
      i got a lecture today from my rheumatologist, whom i've known 20 years...
      he thinks i am being given too many pain meds (by another doctor) and is upset that my weight is down again, to 92 pounds...but he is sure i have a an "eating disorder" unrelated to having no appetite from pain medication...

however, i can't eat with hydrocodone and the oxy is the worst for killing appetite...i take the oxy every other day now, cause the pain is so bad...
      (i posted in "nonsurgical" under "are you losing weight")

sooo...he wants me to see a shrink for an eating disorder, but i told him i have a "pain disorder"!

you're up in Canada not getting meds, i am down in the States being told i am getting too many meds!!

we could switch places for a while...

the bottom line is he thinks i am in denial about eating disorder and using pain meds as the excuse....i told him no, the pain is the problem, and the meds for the pain prevent the appetite from being there at all!

Catch 22??

jess
      Mild symmetric disc bulging L-3-L4 and L4-L5. Mild to moderate left facet joint osteoarthritis L-3-L4. Thoracolumbar rotoscoliosis. And some more. More too! When people tell me their back hurts and their back in perfectly normal I smile.

Comment

Working...
      X