Started seeing Martha Hawes doctor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started seeing Martha Hawes doctor

I just had my third appointment with Dr. William Brooks who is Martha Hawes doctor. I travel from Cleveland OH to Kansas City MO to see him. I must say that I am excited and definitely feel structural changes happening since I started treatment. I'm 41 and my upper curve is 53 degrees.

Originally posted by reneemarie View Post
    I just had my third appointment with Dr. William Brooks who is Martha Hawes doctor. I travel from Cleveland OH to Kansas City MO to see him. I must say that I am excited and definitely feel structural changes happening since I started treatment. I'm 41 and my upper curve is 53 degrees.
    That's good news. How are you achieving these structural changes? What exactly is the treatment?

It would be very good if you can document these changes with serial radiographs like Hawes did. Just feeling these changes, while enough for you, is of course completely inadequate for the evidence-driven crowd at least.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Thanks Pooka. He's an Osteopath. I guess you could say he does "manipulation" but really I don't know if that's the correct wording. During one visit, he did not touch my back at all. He worked on my feet and other parts of my body and I felt the results in my back for some time afterward. I also had severe pain in my ribs and that is completely gone, thank God and has been since the first visit. We are documenting everything.

Comment

Your Progress

Do you have your Cobb Angles measured? What are they and what were they? Any progress?
        Mother of 14 yr old daughter with scoliosis
        Diagnosed at 12th birthday 1/09: 17T 13L
        6/09: 18T 14L Oh God she's increasing
        4/10: 27T 16L My worst nightmare
        7/10: 33T 18L Oh help God!
        7/10: off to CLEAR Institute: We'll see
        10/10: 33T 16L What?
        1/11: 31T 16L 6 months after CLEAR... hhmmm...

"What a long, strange trip it's been..."

Comment

Hi Still Hoping. I have not had new xrays taken and probably won't for a little while. Dr. Brooks told me that this treatment can last years. It took me 40 years to get to this point so I'm sure it will be a long time to get better if that even happens. I did have severe rib pain that is now completely gone and I have increased mobility in all areas of my body. I definitely feel changes happening so for now I'm comfortable with that. I will definitely post the results the next time I get xrays though.

Comment

New Angles

Originally posted by reneemarie View Post
            Hi Still Hoping. I have not had new xrays taken and probably won't for a little while. Dr. Brooks told me that this treatment can last years. It took me 40 years to get to this point so I'm sure it will be a long time to get better if that even happens. I did have severe rib pain that is now completely gone and I have increased mobility in all areas of my body. I definitely feel changes happening so for now I'm comfortable with that. I will definitely post the results the next time I get xrays though.

Thanks for the reply, ReneeMarie. Look forward to hearing further results. If it wasn't for this forum I wouldn't know about any "alternative" methods. I sure don't get them from her doctor! Jenny
            Mother of 14 yr old daughter with scoliosis
            Diagnosed at 12th birthday 1/09: 17T 13L
            6/09: 18T 14L Oh God she's increasing
            4/10: 27T 16L My worst nightmare
            7/10: 33T 18L Oh help God!
            7/10: off to CLEAR Institute: We'll see
            10/10: 33T 16L What?
            1/11: 31T 16L 6 months after CLEAR... hhmmm...

"What a long, strange trip it's been..."

Comment

Working...
            X