Total bullshit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Total bullshit

Well i have lost total respect for dr. Bridwell. He cancelled my surgery yesterday because he felt i wasnt "in this 100%." i pleaded with bernie that i havent been in st. Louis 4 times now because i didnt want bridwell to do it. So, she talked to him and called me yesterday afternoon and said he reconsidered and we would go ahead with the surgery as planned. I just called to pre-register to have my central line put in, and then checked my voicemail. Well it was bernie again saying that dr. Dumbass decided he was going to cancel it again. No explanation. Nothing. Thousands of dollars wasted, numerous tests and x-rays for nothing. This is absolutely rediculous. Im shaking and just seething mad. I have no idea what to do. Start from square one again? Start this whole process over again with a new doctor?
    Pre-surgery- 80°+ thoracic/ 60°+ lumbar
    Still unsure of post-op numbers
    37 yrs. old, 6'7" ish
    Scoli pics

!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did he elaborate on "not in this 100%"? OMG. I can't imagine how you are feeling. You sure sounded ready here on the forum.

I think you just saved me a trip to St. Louis. Please update us. You must be just devastated.

It seems as if surely this will get resolved for you today, some misunderstanding or something? Yikes.
    Last edited by Mojo's Mom; 09-15-2010, 09:10 AM. Reason: Just more thoughts.
    Stephanie, age 56
    Diagnosed age 8
    Milwaukee brace 9 years, no further treatment, symptom free and clueless until my 40s that curves could progress.
    Thoracolumbar curve 39 degrees at age 17
    Now somewhere around 58 degrees thoracic, 70 degrees thoracolumbar
    Surgeon Dr. Michael S. O'Brien, Baylor's Southwest Scoliosis Center, Dallas TX
    Bilateral laminectomies at L3 to L4, L4 to L5 and L5 to S1 on April 4, 2012
    Foramenotomies L3 through S1 in August 2014

Comment

Oh my gosh, that's horrible! I can understand why you're so upset. I hope you get some answers soon.
      Sandie
      Fusion is scheduled for November 4, 2010
      T10 - S1

Comment

Ya know, i was built up for this for the last 8 months, then got knocked down yesterday. Then built up again by him saying he'd do it. But wait, then he just kicked me in the face today. I cannot believe this. Anyone got and suggestions on another doctor? I really wish i did have my central line put in so i could sue his ass for malpractice
        37 yrs. old, 6'7" ish
        Scoli pics

Comment

OMG! Devastating. I too would reconsider MD's. I don't care who you are if you can not give a explanation and waste my time in the process. Sorry, that truely bites!
          Janet
          36 year young cardiac RN
          old curve C 29, T 70, L 50
          new curve C 7, T 23, L 20
          Surgery June 11, UCH, Dr. Cronen T2-L5, posterior
          Revision December 20 L5-S1 with pelvic fixation
          and Osteotomy to L3 at Tampa General Hospital

Comment

wow, I have never heard of anything like this doctors canceling I can see anyone would be mad, Hopefully this can get worked out... Im so sorry Mike
            I myself almost canceled last week because of some change of plans but he personally called me and assured his plans and why. Im kinda at a loss for words for you, I know he is in surgery all day today they told me it would be about 6 hours before my son is out
            Kelly
            mom of Cameren 12 yrs. old
            Chiari,retroflex odontoid,syringomyelia,scoliosis
            Chiari decompressions 6/2005,5/2006
            Syringopleural shunt 6/2009
            Boston Braced off & on 6.5yrs
            scoliosis surgery- 9/15/10 T4-L4 Dr. Bridwell
            Fell & broke finger,surgery 3/2011

Comment

Mike,
              I can't imagine being in your shoes right now. What a terrible thing to do to you. I would think you should still be able to sue, even without the central line, for money spent and mental torture. He definitely owes you.
              Sally
              Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
              Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
              Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
              Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
              New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
              Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Mike--
                I'm so sorry. This is awful. We almost thought we would have to cancel mine after we were in St. Louis (Lenke) due to a family matter and I didn't know how I could cope with that. We went ahead. This way, however, it seems to be out of your control and that is just terrible. Janet
                Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
                Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
                Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
                Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
                T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

My heart goes out to you. Big time.

Where do you think all this came from????
                  Fused T-3 to L-3, Aug 25
                  Hardware removal surgery, Nov 2, 2010
                  Fused T-10 to L-2, osteotomy, Feb 22, 2011

Comment

how awful, Mike!!!
                    who wants a surgeon who flip flops!!! i know you've traveled back and forth repeatedly for this...but i would be scared to continue with a doctor who seems so...unstable???
                    what a waste of money! and a disappointment!! i am so sorry this happened to you!
                    so unfair..doctors can charge if a patient breaks an appointment with less than 24 hours notice...what about what the patient can do when the doctor breaks it...!!

jess
                    Last edited by jrnyc; 09-15-2010, 11:23 AM.

Comment

I've never heard of anything like this happening. Makes me wonder if Bridwell is starting to lose his grip. I'm sorry!!
                      Chris
                      A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
                      Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
                      Post-op curve: 12 degrees
                      Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

Mike

I'm sorry this has happened.

If you cannot come to a resolution, make sure you get copies of your tests. Burned discs of your x-rays, ct's, etc.

Remember that you do have a special situation with your scoliosis, and maybe he had some doubts..... Did he ever tell you that he might stop your surgery due to your osteoporosis? That does and can happen. If he cannot get enough anchor strength in your bone with the screws, then another plan has to happen.

Dr Menmuir was hesitant with me. It took me some time to get him to work on me.... It was necessary that we both understood one another 100%. He told me that he could kill me on the table....Surgeons have these things on their shoulders also..............Try to understand from his end also, he is a respected surgeon, and your not a simple case.

I would be more that happy to talk to you on the phone about this.
                        Ed
                        49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
                        Pre surgery curves T70,L70
                        ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
                        Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
                        http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
                        http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

I'm really sorry, Mike. My experience each visit has been positive and I had excellent results from my surgery 2 weeks ago with dr. Bridwell.
                          Age 56
                          Wore a Milwaukee Brace for 3 years in hs
                          Fused L4-S1 for high grade spondylolisthesis Jan '09 in Indy
                          Thoracic 68
                          Surgery Aug 31, 2010 T3 to L1
                          Dr Bridwell St Louis
                          http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...1&d=1289881696

Comment

Mike,
                            I am sorry you are going through this. I can't even imagine how angry you must be. It seems unprofessional of Dr. Bridwell. Maybe, like Ed said, he didn't feel comfortable doing the surgery, but why wouldn't he have known that after your pre-op testing?
                            Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
                            Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
                            70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
                            Rib Hump-GONE!
                            Age-60 at the time of surgery
                            Now 66
                            Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
                            Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
                            Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
                            Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
                            tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
                            http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

Exactly. I was there a little over a month ago for all the final tests and everything. It was all good to go until yesterday. Then he changed his mind and it was back on schedule. Now after whatever he did last nite, its cancelled. I still havent recieved the call Im supposed to get from him. Im not holding my breath. We're halfway back to Ohio.
                              37 yrs. old, 6'7" ish
                              Scoli pics

Comment

Working...
                              X