Lung Capacity???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lung Capacity???

Hi, Im really into running and I feel as though even since I started to wear the boston brace that my breathing been way more challenging to get a nice deep breath. I think it may be slowing my down. Also when I ran for the first time after I had just worn the brace I had major cramps the whole way! But after I got used to it it got better. But I feel its ruining my lung capacity.... do you guys ever feel that way?

By the way- I dont run with the brace on, just inbetween the time I wear it
    Lindsey D.

Embrace your Curves!

I definitely felt that way when I wore the brace. You need to take shallow breaths when wearing it unfortunately. I think that was one of the reasons it always felt so awesome to take it off haha But be careful and try not to run too much with it on because you can breathe too fast/shallow and pass out. Don't worry though it's normal to feel you can't breathe normally with it on. You get more used to it over time and if it's really bothering you it helps to lie on your back because it pushed the brace out a little and you can breathe more.
    My name is Katie and I love to Dance especially Ballet. I am 14 years old and after 3 years of the Boston brace, I'm officially brace-free! Great holiday present if I do say so myself

Comment

I have only heard of lung capacity only when your cuvre get to like around 50 degrees
      Kara
      Brace 4-15-05-5-25-06
      Posterior Spinal Fusion 3-10-10
      T4-L2
      Before 50T
      After 20T

Comment

Working...
      X