Questions about Chiropractor/Spinecor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about Chiropractor/Spinecor

Hi, I was wondering about all the possiblilites out there to deal w/ scoliosis

do any of ya'll use a chiropractor? I would LOVE a resource that went through it and knows if the price is worth the recovery (if any.)

How does the spinecor brace work? Better than a plastic brace? Can you dress in jeans and bend down w/ more comphort? Just really curious about what other people are/used to do.

any replies are great!, Thanks a ton
    Lindsey D.

Embrace your Curves!

Physical Therapy

So I never went to a chiropractor but I was trained in the Schroth method of Physical Therapy. Its benefits of curve reduction are as yet unknown and unverified but as a patient who did the exercises and wore the Cheneau brace, I have seen the benefits. It helps with posture and daily activities by training you to keep your back in a position that most benefits your specific curves. When you're out of brace, you learn how to hold yourself so you don't immediately lose all the benefits and structure of the brace. The only problem with Schroth is that it is hard to access training. I was fortunate enough to be with a group of therapists being trained by Dr. Manuel Rigo, an expert from Spain. As such, I am one of the first fully trained patients in the US. I am also lucky that my PT who I worked with during this training is my neighbor and owns a clinic here. If you can find a clinic that does Schroth near you thats great. otherwise our clinic does a week long immerision program here in Milwaukee.
    Hey, so I'm Rebecca, I'm 20 and I wore a Boston Brace for one year, and then a Cheneau brace for 5+ years. The Cheneau changed my life. I now am out of brace full time!!!! Its amazing. For all my scoli-girls (and guys of course) hang in there - the day you get your brace off is the best feeling ever. All the years of wearing it won't matter when that day comes. amo vobis!

"DUX FEMINA FACTI (The leader of the deed was a WOMAN!)"
    -Virgel

Comment

There are a number of threads on here dealing with the spinecor brace and Schroth, also chiropractors, just put either name in the search up above and you will find all the information.

Lorraine.
      Operated on in 1966, harrington rods inserted from T4 to L3, here in Australia. Fusion of the said vertebrae as well. Problems for the last 14 years with pain.
      Something I feel deeply,"Life is like money,you can spend it anyway you wish, but can only spend it once.

Comment

Working...
      X