posture after surgery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• posture after surgery?

as so of you may remember from previous posts, our son is a severe special needs child so he doesn't know how to express himself so i am asking for your help please.

Ben is healing very well but my concern is Ben had his surgery May 19th /10 & he is bending forward more than before... had any of you noticed this with your children & how long till they were standing a little straighter/taller. I know he has to adjust with his body being bent into a new shape & muscles readjusting but curiosity on how others did.
    thank you ... Ben's Mom Nancy

Nancy - I don't recall bending forward - I remember thinking how rigid and straight my DD was. I think it was a mixture of muscle stiffness, bracing from pain, and scared to cause muscle spams.

Does your son wear a brace? My DD was never in a brace, but I have read on this forum that some DR use bracing after surgery.

Dee
    Dee - Mother of two daughters, both with scoliosis KateScoliKid (16yo) 52* Lumbar curve
    Fusion Surgery 2/9/10 T-11->L-3 @CHKD Norfolk VA
    Jes (20yo) T 3 -> L 3 w/ Kyphosis

Comment

Originally posted by nancystreasures View Post
      as so of you may remember from previous posts, our son is a severe special needs child so he doesn't know how to express himself so i am asking for your help please.

Ben is healing very well but my concern is Ben had his surgery May 19th /10 & he is bending forward more than before... had any of you noticed this with your children & how long till they were standing a little straighter/taller. I know he has to adjust with his body being bent into a new shape & muscles readjusting but curiosity on how others did.
      thank you ... Ben's Mom Nancy
      That is a question for the surgeon. Ask him to specifically assess balance in the sagittal plane and ask if things will change over time.

Good luck.
      Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
      Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Working...
      X