No announcement yet.

Tomorrow I leave my home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congtratulation on your 1st anniversary!!!! Feels pretty empowering doesn't it. You survived the battle and won the war!!!

Wat to go Janet,
    Shari

Comment

Thank you all very very much for your wonderful words of encouragement and support. I really and truly don't know what I would have done without all of you on here, this is an amazingly fantastic forum, all my fears and worries were taken away from everybody's insight and advice on here. It's so strange a few people said they'd had a sense of calm a couple of days before the surgery, and strangely enough, today I felt pretty calm. I did have a tearful moment when I hugged my mum, and she was saying "Don't worry, you'll be back home with your mum and little boys before you know it." I got a little emotional at that. The hardest part of all of this is leaving my sons - however, it's temporary and I know I will be sooo much better off afterward once I've recovered. I'm looking forward to being pain free, standing straighter, and standing taller
      Lynette - 44 years old.

Pre-surgery thoracic 55 degrees
      Pre-surgery lumbar 85 degrees

Post-surgery thoracic 19 degrees
      Post-surgery lumbar 27 degrees

Surgery April 1st 2010.

Posterior spinal fusion from T9 to sacrum.
      Dr. Cronen at University Community Hospital - Tampa, FL.

Comment

Thanks for the anniversary wishes! Lynette you'll be having good anniversaries along the way too. Days, weeks, months--all will be little milestones. Janet
        Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
        Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
        Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
        Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
        T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

Working...
        X