4 Month Post Op

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 Month Post Op

Sorry it has been a long time since I have been out here. You all probably thought I fell off the face of the earth after my surgery. Wow cannot believe it has been four months already. I am feeling better than I have felt in many many years. This surgery was the absolute best thing I ever did for myself. I have been taken off all of my restrictions just told to take it easy and listen to my body. I went back to work in February and that also seems to be doing really good. I am able to wear my high heels again which for me is huge. All my work shoes have some level of heel to them. I saw the doctor today and he is very pleased and says that I am doing better then he had expected and I don't have to go back again for 6 months. I cannot thank all of you enough for the encouragement you gave me leading up to this surgery. I was so nervous about having it. I have updated my curves on my signature. I am very happy with the correction I received.
    Diagnosed @ at of 11
    Muscle Stimulator for 1 year
    Milwaukee Brace from 1982-1987 47* (center curve)
    (was told would never get worse)
    Surgery November 11, 2009
    Fused T6-T12
    Pre Op 25* - 54* - 40*
    Post Op 24* - 33* - 21*

Congratulations on doing so well! Noticed you're from New Pal; I'm from Indy. Who did your surgery? I'm thinking of going to one of the 2 guys in St Louis because I'm not sure who to go to here.
    Age 56
    Wore a Milwaukee Brace for 3 years in hs
    Fused L4-S1 for high grade spondylolisthesis Jan '09 in Indy
    Thoracic 68
    Surgery Aug 31, 2010 T3 to L1
    Dr Bridwell St Louis
    http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...1&d=1289881696

Comment

Originally posted by LisaB View Post
      Congratulations on doing so well! Noticed you're from New Pal; I'm from Indy. Who did your surgery? I'm thinking of going to one of the 2 guys in St Louis because I'm not sure who to go to here.
      If you need a great surgeon here go see Dr John Deitz he is part of Ortho Indy. I go to his northwest office. It is located right off 86th street off 465. He is actually on the list of recommended surgeon the scolosis foundation. If you need to talk please send me an email. lorisummers1@aol.com.
      Diagnosed @ at of 11
      Muscle Stimulator for 1 year
      Milwaukee Brace from 1982-1987 47* (center curve)
      (was told would never get worse)
      Surgery November 11, 2009
      Fused T6-T12
      Pre Op 25* - 54* - 40*
      Post Op 24* - 33* - 21*

Comment

Congratulations Loris. It's great to hear you're doing so well and so happy with your results. Had to laugh at you getting back into your high heels, good on you, but please take care!
        Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
        Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
        T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
        Osteotomies and Laminectomies
        Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Loris - great you are doing so well - It gives me encouragement for my upcoming surgery next week. Hope I do as well - I am 62 - lots older than you but you give me lots of hope! pint47

Comment

Loris - how long were you out of work? My surgery is coming up, and this is my last week of work for a while. They are all asking me when I will be coming back and I don't know what to tell them!
            Laura
            Laura
            62 degrees
            49 yrs. young
            Surgery 3/31/10 with Lenke

Before and After pics
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/13749126@N06/

Comment

Glad to hear your doing so well. I told my boss about my surgery and she said "you know you may never be able to come back" (I'm a nurse). How very supportive, right? Anyway, it makes me happy to know my life too will return to normal. Thanks!
              36 year young cardiac RN
              old curve C 29, T 70, L 50
              new curve C 7, T 23, L 20
              Surgery June 11, UCH, Dr. Cronen T2-L5, posterior
              Revision December 20 L5-S1 with pelvic fixation
              and Osteotomy to L3 at Tampa General Hospital

Comment

Congratulation Loris. It just gets easier as weeks go by.

Jsully, you should try and stay positive about returning to work, but be prepared for a different outcome. But remember that thing's happen for the for a reason. Nothing we can do to stop that, but you will realise that you can get through anything.

Shari

Comment

Originally posted by jsully View Post
                  Glad to hear your doing so well. I told my boss about my surgery and she said "you know you may never be able to come back" (I'm a nurse). How very supportive, right? Anyway, it makes me happy to know my life too will return to normal. Thanks!
                  What a jerk boss.

Many of us feel perfectly normal some time after surgery. I can't say anything about nursing because I have no clue, but I feel more normal now than I did the last year or so prior to surgery.

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
                  Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
                  Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
                  Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
                  Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Working...
                  X