No announcement yet.

Alcohol - another crazy question :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Melissa - I also have such a hard time with my veins. When I was in hospital for my premature babies, they had to call the IV team God knows how many times to try to get the needles in my veins.
    Lynette - 44 years old.

Pre-surgery thoracic 55 degrees
    Pre-surgery lumbar 85 degrees

Post-surgery thoracic 19 degrees
    Post-surgery lumbar 27 degrees

Surgery April 1st 2010.

Posterior spinal fusion from T9 to sacrum.
    Dr. Cronen at University Community Hospital - Tampa, FL.

Comment

Ive had so many IVs inserted that technically, I should be leaking someplace!

Some depending on experience, can take several minutes....

My vascular surgeon... 1.2 seconds flat.

Like Clint Eastwood shooting 3 Italian bad guys at a time. Several replays are required to catch the proper technique.....

Ed
      49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
      Pre surgery curves T70,L70
      ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
      Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
      http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
      http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

I stopped one month before surgery.

However, my surgeon did not specify alcohol was to be stopped before surgery. It is usually done of one's own volition.

I think you will know when to stop
        45L/40T
        Surgery 25/1/2010
        Australia

Knowthyself

Scoliosis Corrected 25/1/2010 by Dr Angus Gray, Prince of Wales Private Hospital, Sydney. Fused T3-L4.

Comment

i. too have tiny veins..inherited from my mohter...if they cant get in with a baby needle (butterfly), they use the hand...one time they wanted to try my neck () but i drew the line! i couldnt do hep locks, so had to get a central line in my chest!

nowadays, i just ask for a butterfly needle, hold my breath, let them use my hand if they need to....the really skilled girls can usually get in...or else i have to drink a whole lot of fluids & have them try again!

jess

Comment

Originally posted by jrnyc View Post
            i. too have tiny veins..inherited from my mohter...if they cant get in with a baby needle (butterfly), they use the hand...one time they wanted to try my neck () but i drew the line! i couldnt do hep locks, so had to get a central line in my chest!

nowadays, i just ask for a butterfly needle, hold my breath, let them use my hand if they need to....the really skilled girls can usually get in...or else i have to drink a whole lot of fluids & have them try again!

jess
            This is what I am very concerned about. Before I go into the OR they told me that they would give me an IV. The IV needles are larger than the butterfly needles. correct? I really do not want to start off the surgery with me crying because no matter how hard I try not to I usually end up crying as it hurts as they poke around looking for a vein

Exactly what is a central line and what does it do?

Melissa

Comment

Working...
            X