I am about to turn 27 years old and just found out that my scoliosis is progressing (my curve is idiopathic lower thoracic - in my lower back and curves to the right). Doctors have no clue why it's worsening because #1 I am no longer growing (obviously) and #2 have not been nor am I pregnant (100% sure of that!) and #3 also obviously I have not hit menopause yet. As a teenager my degree was 17 degrees, then at age 23/24 it was 19 degrees. Then last year, I was 25/26 years old at the time it increased to 22 degrees. Now 8-10 months later I am about to turn 27 and my degree is now 25 degrees. I am in very good shape and do pilates as my doctor instructed. I consider myself very healthy exercise/nutrition wise and all of my check ups show great cholesterol, blood pressure, protein, etc....not that these things will make your curve worse but just sayn'! So I am now getting MRI's b/c my doctor wants to be sure it's not about to pinch a nerve or cause any other problems. I have been told my whole life (even by my current doctor) that it's no big deal, there's nothing you can do about it...and to just stay very healthy, keep my core strong and come back for checkups every 2 years. Now that is frustrating, I want answers and I'm determined not to stop until I find them. If my curvature has progressed by 6 degrees in the past 3 years who's to say it won't keep going? So I just want to get behind this and any info you can give will really help! Thanks so much and sorry for the ranting!