Spinecor and Schroth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spinecor and Schroth

Has anyone had success with the Spinecor brace and doing the Schroth exercises? Is anyone familiar with Dr. Lamantia with the Scoliosis Systems? I'm considering this for my daughter, but it's VERY expensive. It's the only place where I could find the Schroth exercises that is somewhat near to us (4 hour drive!!). They stretch the Schroth exercises over 10 months. My daughter would go once a month for 10 months. I've looked at some others that teach the exercises in 1-2 weeks. I just wonder which would be the best way to go. I know there are no guarantees, but I would just like to know if anyone has had any experience with him - good or bad.

Thank you!

Originally posted by darrin90
    I don't have experience with that doc,
    Lamantia is not a doctor. He is a chiro.

The UK, for example, does not allow chiros to use the "doctor" title, perhaps because people get confused like this.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Scolio1964, I think that Spinecor is the best in a flexible spine, because keeping the derotation, it can remains so straight as being lying down. So it would be possible to stay with a significant reduction of the curve all the day, not only while sleeping! I think that Dr. Rivard is a genious like Cotrel and Spinecor is a great success of the science.

Comment

Both Spinecor and Schroth separately recommend against combining the two. Apparently they work in very different ways, although I find that hard to understand since the goal is the same. When I spoke to Dr. Lamantia, I didn't feel confident in his explanation of why he chooses to combine them. But maybe I didn't ask the right questions.
        1993, Age 13, 53* Right T Curve w/ Left L compensatory
        2010, Age 30, 63* or 68* (depending on the doc) Right T Curve w/ Left L compensatory

http://livingtwisted.wordpress.com/

Comment

I think that Spinecor is more posture oriented and Schroth is more muscle oriented. The goal is the same but through very different ways. Anyway, both are great methods and it seems that they should not to be incompatibles, but probably a really great knowledge is required to combine both in a right way, I don't know.
          I think that the best PT work, that could be done with the Spinecor, is one trying to help the body to make exactly what this brace is doing with it.

Comment

If you read the book you can see a lot of exercises very different, not focused in that kind of breathing, that Katherina added to her original method and now is seen as a muscular one.

Comment

There are a number of threads on these subjects, one with over 3000 replies which may help answer any questions. This one was on Spinecor and was commenced on the 29th October 2005, but there are a lot more as well.

Regards Lorraine.
              Last edited by Lorraine 1966; 02-19-2011, 08:35 PM. Reason: put additional information
              Operated on in 1966, harrington rods inserted from T4 to L3, here in Australia. Fusion of the said vertebrae as well. Problems for the last 14 years with pain.
              Something I feel deeply,"Life is like money,you can spend it anyway you wish, but can only spend it once.

Comment

Originally posted by flerc View Post
                I think that the best PT work, that could be done with the Spinecor, is one trying to help the body to make exactly what this brace is doing with it.
                http://www.spinecorresearch.com/Corr...ementPaper.pdf
                I suppose that the Spinecor PT method (related with CPM), should to be the best.

Comment

Working...
                X