Personal...For all the ladies out there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal...For all the ladies out there

I have a question. I was just curious if any of you ladies out there had your monthly schedule screwed up after surgery? I was just wondering if surgery messes with your cycle and this is normal. If so, how long did it take to get back on schedule?

Thanks!!
    Jamie Age 29
    Mother to a 6 year old daughter & an 11 month old baby boy.

2000 Curves - 28/40/32
    2008 Curves - 39/63/44
    Surgery Date - 3/25/08
    T4 - L1

63 degrees corrected to 15 degrees !

Jamie,
    On Sunday I started my cycle for the 7th time since Dec 19th. Some as few as 14 days apart. I made an Ob/Gyn appt yesterday and they have decide to put me on the pill at age 46 to try and get them back to normal. Hopefully six months and I should be good. I hope this helps.
    Geish
    47 years old, dx at 13
    +30* to the right, +60* to the left, +30* to the right
    Surgery 12-13-07 - fusion from T4 to sacrum.

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...tachmentid=267 Pre surgery
    http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...tachmentid=268 Post surgery
    http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...s/DSC01091.jpg Xray from the side
    http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...1089-1-1-1.jpg Xray from the back

Comment

With both my surgeries I started immediately after the surgery and it went on for nearly 2 weeks. Then skipped a month and was back to normal after that. Everyone is different just be sure to check with the doctor if it is really out of wack.
      CarolS
      68 degree right lumbar scoliosis, mild kyphosis at L1-2
      Anterior/Posterior Correction, T8 to Sacrum, Sept 20th, 2007
      Osteotomy March 20,2008
      Thrilled with results!

Comment

Mine was irregular for a few months- then got back to normal. I think this is common.
        Cathie

Comment

Irregular

Mine was irregular also and I think this is common - the body has been messed around with so much and is spending its time healing you - the rest can come later
          Scoliosis Support, News, Blog
          Twisted and Curved....I like that in a person
          Harrington rod T5 to L1 (1989)

Comment

I figured that I might be off due to my surgery but I have not started, I am about two weeks late, and I am not PG so I was just checking. I am sure if I still do not start after a while, I will check in with my doctor. Thanks everyone for sharing !
            Jamie Age 29
            Mother to a 6 year old daughter & an 11 month old baby boy.

2000 Curves - 28/40/32
            2008 Curves - 39/63/44
            Surgery Date - 3/25/08
            T4 - L1

63 degrees corrected to 15 degrees !

Comment

Jaime, great question. I had my surgery Jan 16th and I came home on Jan 20th. I too thought maybe surgery and meds would throw off cycle, but mine was just a few days late and I had hoped that it would NOT come because I thought I would have a horrible time trying to manuever a pad, but no problem and so far these past 3 months it's been on track. I definitely concur with the other posts that if it becomes very irregular check with your doctor.

LJ

Comment

TOTALLY!!! I went off the pill for surgery, and then it took a couple of months to get a period, which was when I re-started the pill. Then, had unexpected breakthrough bleeding which lasted 10 days... not good! I put it all down to the surgery, but at the 10 day mark thought I'd better go to the doctor... it stopped the next day!
                1994 curve at age 13, 70 degrees, untreated
                2000 Anterior fusion with instrumentation T9-L2, corrected to 36 degrees, 14 degree angle between fused and un-fused thoracic spine.
                2007 26 degrees junctional scoliosis
                Revision surgery, 6th December 2007 T4 to L3, Posterior approach.
                msandham.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                X