X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• back2life
    replied
    Old thread, but i need advice

I think I have found one of my reasons for my pain-problems. Reading these, I am totally breaking the rules. I have tied shoes, clipped my toenails, have a bottom freezer with fridge on top, picked up my kitten and small dog from the floor (I always squat, though) and grabbed many things from the floor. I cannot walk through a room and see crap on my floors! Again, I always try to squat but I am wondering if I am straining my back. I really wish I had a brace to monitor what I should be doing!!!! If I jeopardize the success of this surgery for the vanity of my house I will never forgive myself! I WILL find a grabber this weekend to help with this problem.

Leave a comment:

• JuliaAnn
    replied
    My sock aid was too big for most of my socks. I have a high bed and found that it worked well for putting on shoes and socks and filing toe nails. I was fused to pelvis so my hips were sore. But starting about post-op month 3, I sit on the edge of the bed with one leg on the floor. My other leg is on the bed, bent at the knee, almost a half "indian style" sitting, or a ballerina's pirouette pose, so my foot is high enough for me to reach comfortably to tie my shoes. The bed holds my leg up so there is no strain trying to get into that position and I don't have to bend my back. That does take a flexible knee and hip but it works.

And yes, this thread made me laugh out loud! ha ha

Leave a comment:

• mabeckoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Irina View Post
    And you guys are making me to learn more English - I just learned another word - ha-ha :-)
    I am sure that it will come in handy

Leave a comment:

• Irina
    replied
    And you guys are making me to learn more English - I just learned another word - ha-ha :-)

Leave a comment:

• golfnut
    replied
    You guys are making me laugh! The Ellen Show once had some wild text messages with the auto correct. Really funny!

Leave a comment:

• titaniumed
    replied
    Now I have to change my signature....Ha ha

Ed

Leave a comment:

• jrnyc
    replied
    someone ask the surgeons how long they have been fusing patients
    to the "scrotum"
    i think they might like to hear that one.

jess...and Sparky

Leave a comment:

• hasteffen
    replied
    Hahaha

Got to love auto correct!
    Ditto what Karen said. I am 6 months post op today and I have been tying my shoes for a couple months although though bows are on the side...

Leave a comment:

• LindaRacine
    replied
    Originally posted by retired Mom View Post
    t4 to scrotum
    haha... never heard of that.

Leave a comment:

• retired Mom
    replied
    bending

Originally posted by tae_tap View Post
    Where levels are you fused?

Tamena
    t4 to scrotum

Leave a comment:

• golfnut
    replied
    I can put on tennis shoes and socks without any difficulty and I am fused T4 to the sacrum. I used a sock aide for the first 8 months or so. Once I was permitted to do some more stretching, I gradually improved. At first, all of my bows were on the side of my shoes. I can now trim my toenails if I need to, but continue to pamper myself with pedicures. Don't judge anything based on what you are unable to do during the first year. I know that I have noticed improvements in my strength and flexibility even after my two year anniversary.

Leave a comment:

• tae_tap
    replied
    Where levels are you fused?

Tamena

Leave a comment:

• retired Mom
    started a topic bending post-op

bending post-op

I am 5months post-op and was wondering if I will ever be able to do my toenails again. I have read on the forum that you can tie shoes and put socks on after about a year, is that true?
Working...
X