X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qikdraw
    replied
    Ohhh! Quotes! Can I play?

Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held. Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine...
    Buddha

Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.
    Buddha

In the sky, there is no distinction of east and west; people create distinctions out of their own minds and then beleive them to be true.
    Buddha

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    Albert Einstein

The last one is my favourite.

Leave a comment:

• titaniumed
    replied
    Wow! The excitement continues...............

Confucius say,

Those who run off and tattle to teacher, make lots of friend.

Those who point finger, need plenty attention.

Those exited about brace, scared of surgery

He who use spinecore 2 weeks, all wrapped up (that's a joke)

He who has sharp tongue cut own throat

Intelligent poster from Texas, hard to find

These came from published studies at the Mei Hang Chinese restaurant tonight in the form of fat free fortune cookies.
    Ed

Leave a comment:

• mariaf
    replied
    Originally posted by Qikdraw View Post
    I could write a study that says eating peanut butter will help straighten a spine, but until proper studies are published and the process accepted by the majority of scoliosis doctors, its questionable at best.

It has not escaped my notice that now you and Writer are calling for people who disagree with you to be dealt with. That instead of providing proof to back up your claims, instead you are asking people be repremanded for questioning you.
    Well said!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• LindaRacine
    replied
    Originally posted by mamamax View Post
    Sorry - replied to the wrong quote (still trying to figure my way around here).

I would talk about reduction because - it can keep me out of surgery. Three to be exact (two for certain, one more most likely). So learning about that is important to me (maybe some others).

Even our best surgical techniques are so often not permanent but i believe that when we speak of surgical, the term used is correction. And when the alternative therapies that sometimes lessen the degree of curvature .. that the term applied to that is, reduction.

Neither being in the strictest sense of the word - permanent. Maybe some cases are - but i don't personally know of any studies that support that.
    If you feel the need to talk about reduction, please use it with the word temporary, or the post will be removed.

Leave a comment:

• mamamax
    replied
    Originally posted by LindaRacine View Post
    Well, then, why would you talk about reduction at all? If you put the word "temporary" in front of reduction whenever you post, I personally would not have a problem with your posts.

Sorry - replied to the wrong quote (still trying to figure my way around here).

I would talk about reduction because - it can keep me out of surgery. Three to be exact (two for certain, one more most likely). So learning about that is important to me (maybe some others).

Even our best surgical techniques are so often not permanent but i believe that when we speak of surgical, the term used is correction. And when the alternative therapies that sometimes lessen the degree of curvature .. that the term applied to that is, reduction.

Neither being in the strictest sense of the word - permanent. Maybe some cases are - but i don't personally know of any studies that support that.

Leave a comment:

• Pooka1
    replied
    After her last response, I don't have the heart to challenge mamamax any further.

I wish her all the luck in the world. Truly.

Leave a comment:

• LindaRacine
    replied
    Well i would talk about reduction because - it can keep me out of surgery.
    Temporary reduction is not going to keep anyone from having surgery. Pain reduction may, indeed, allow someone to avoid surgery.

Leave a comment:

• mamamax
    replied
    Well, then, why would you talk about reduction at all? If you put the word "temporary" in front of reduction whenever you post, I personally would not have a problem with your posts.
    Well i would talk about reduction because - it can keep me out of surgery.

Leave a comment:

• loves to skate
    replied
    Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
    I object to letting Pam leave.

I agree also. Pam has a wealth of knowledge and a very big heart.

Sally

Leave a comment:

• Pooka1
    replied
    I suggest no rational person would have a problem with her posts if she clearly identifies any reduction as "temporary" or "in brace."

Leave a comment:

• LindaRacine
    replied
    Linda - i have never used the word permanent. For i know nothing is - not for surgery, and not for any alternative/traditional treatment.

Leave a comment:

• Pooka1
    replied
    Linda - i have never used the word permanent. For i know nothing is - not for surgery, and not for any alternative/traditional treatment.
    For that matter, life isn't permanent.

Leave a comment:

• mamamax
    replied
    Every time someone tries to explain that there is no proof that any alternative treatment will permanently reduce curves in ADULTS with structural scoliosis, you try to redirect everyone to proof in adolescents. They're two different things. You know that, and it's insulting to my intelligence that you think I (or anyone else) would fall for it.

I'm sure no one has a problem with you discussing your treatment with others. If you make unfounded claims, however, you're going to draw comments from people who are trying to protect others from being taken in by false claims.

I've tried to say this half a dozen different ways, but it doesn't seem to get through.

--Linda

Leave a comment:

• Pooka1
    replied
    I've tried to say this half a dozen different ways, but it doesn't seem to get through.
    I think the only thing that will get through is this...

God's Backhand

Not that I endorse corporal punishment even by imaginary entities.
    Last edited by Pooka1; 04-28-2009, 07:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Qikdraw
    replied
    Originally posted by mamamax
    [COLOR="Navy"]I have seen many in this forum slam others for even discussing PT, Schroth, etc (regardless of the objective).
    I've never seen anybody slammed for asking about PT. I don't know where you get that from. PT is a valid part of pre and post op care. This is well accepted and actually pushed on these forums.

There have been findings that indicate curve reduction is possible using many tratitional/alternative treatments (Schroth is one). Now - does this happen in all cases? No, certainly not. Does this happen in some cases? Yes. Is it considered rare? Perhaps. Such things will only happen as any given individual's body/spine responds to treatment. The very fact that such things have happened, if even to only one person on this planet - makes it significant enough for those of us who actually have scoliosis - to explore,
    Well if its only happened to one person, sorry that would not be valid. Its a start, but should in no way be considered valid. If its considered rare, it should not be pushed as a definate help.

I could write a study that says eating peanut butter will help straighten a spine, but until proper studies are published and the process accepted by the majority of scoliosis doctors, its questionable at best.

Schroth has been around 90 years and its still not generally accepted. As I mentioned previously that they base their findings on a 'principle' and 'theories' makes it very questionable. While it may help some people, its something you have to do for the rest of your life, if you stop, for whatever reason, it all comes back. Thats not a fix.

in a forum given to us by the NSF - in the spirit outlined in Joe's statement. And i would further state that just because you have not experienced gaining such knowledge - does not mean that such knowledge does not exist.
    It has not escaped my notice that now you and Writer are calling for people who disagree with you to be dealt with. That instead of providing proof to back up your claims, instead you are asking people be repremanded for questioning you. You know it works both ways right? You have the right to push your theories, but others have the exact same right to question you.

This site has seen many shills trying to push their theories for their own profit, as such anyone pushing a method over anything else should be viewed with suspision, and people need to do their own research before trusting the word of anyone on the forum.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X