getting a brace tomorrow.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting a brace tomorrow.......

My 11 yr old girl is getting her brace tomorrow.........Ive been getting upset as the day approaches and I noticed that my daughter is progressing ...its quite scary.....its just been a rough couple of days for me...Mind you I don't show her how scared I am for her....wish I could be more like my girl, shes so positive and stong.......

Can anyone tell me what to expect, when she brings home her brace and starts wearing it?

Us too.

Tomorrow is the big day for my 11 yr. old daughter too. We'll keep you posted on how it unfolds for us here.

Comment

You tell that child how amazed at how strong she is! You tell her she is beautiful and she is fully capable of doing just anything she puts her mind to. Her wearing that brace does not make her any smaller of a person at all. Coming from a former brace wearer myself, I know how much difference it made to me to hear from my parents how amazed they were at my willingness to cooperate and endure wearing the brace. It made a huge difference! Kids can be cruel little creatures - and yes I had some people make some funny faces - but I made sure to let them know that I was still ME, same person as before, just for a time I have to wear this "thing" of a brace to hopefully help my back.
      Hope this helps and good luck to your daughter.
      Rita Thompson
      Age 46
      Milwaukee Brace wearer for 3 years in childhood
      Surgery Mar 1st - 95 degree thoracic curve
      Surgery by Dr. Lenke, St. Louis, MO
      Post-surgery curve 25-30 degree

Comment

Thank you so much......

Samantha

Originally posted by RitaR View Post
        You tell that child how amazed at how strong she is! You tell her she is beautiful and she is fully capable of doing just anything she puts her mind to. Her wearing that brace does not make her any smaller of a person at all. Coming from a former brace wearer myself, I know how much difference it made to me to hear from my parents how amazed they were at my willingness to cooperate and endure wearing the brace. It made a huge difference! Kids can be cruel little creatures - and yes I had some people make some funny faces - but I made sure to let them know that I was still ME, same person as before, just for a time I have to wear this "thing" of a brace to hopefully help my back.
        Hope this helps and good luck to your daughter.

Comment

I don't know about your girl, but mine is having a really hard time she's barely eating, sick to the stomach, and very emotional......I hope you your daughter is doing well.........

Originally posted by bbrian35 View Post
          Tomorrow is the big day for my 11 yr. old daughter too. We'll keep you posted on how it unfolds for us here.

Comment

Working...
          X