X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Dr. Hey is missing an instument...

we know where it is...

http://drlloydhey.blogspot.com/2010/...58-degree.html

Just kidding. Hey seems amazing in terms of quick surgeries, low blood loss, great corrections, etc.

And I really like his blog. The doodle post on the first page was very amusing.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Sharon

I enjoy Dr. Hey's blog also. He's so upbeat and positive! I can't understand how he does these surgeries so quickly. And he drives his patients to the airport!

Ann
    Daughter April had surgery July 13th, 2009 by Dr. David P Roye at Morgan Stanley Childrens Hospital. T2-L4
    She's doing very well!!

Comment

I think he is an extremely talented, extremely driven individual.

The speed of the surgeries is just amazing compared to every testimonial I have read and compared to my two daughters' surgeries. It's like he has devised some ways to do the surgery much more quickly.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Something about Dr. Hey's blog sometimes makes me a bit teary. I think it's because he approaches his profession and his patients with so much heart -- something you don't often see in other surgeons.
        Chris
        A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
        Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
        Post-op curve: 12 degrees
        Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

When i found out i needed surgery and starting frantically researching all i could get on the subject, i came across his website first. I remember thinking, wow, this surgeon is trully amazing, hope i can find someone like that for me.
          Vali
          44 years young! now 45
          Surgery - June 1st, 2009
          Dr David Hall - Adelaide Spine Clinic
          St. Andrews Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia
          Pre-op curve - 58 degree lumbar
          Post -op - 5 degrees
          T11 - S1 Posterior
          L4/5 - L5/S1 Anterior Fusion

Comment

encouraging

Thanks...Pooka1..another great post..

very encouraging to see such great Docs. working in the Scoliosis world.

Comment

Dr Hey's blog

I am trying to become more familiar with the use of this forum. I am finding a lot of additional information...

Is Dr Hey authentic? I don't think I would have ever imagined a doc using "blogging" to discuss his work. I find it unbelievable!
              [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]
              Spinal fusion 1961
              HR 1981 T3-L4
              Thoracic curve 75Cobb; post 40
              Present: Thoracic 60Cobb Lumber?
              [FONT]

Comment

Don't usually post over in the surgery section but the title made me click. He's in Raleigh huh? That's the general location (Raleigh-Durham-WS) we want to move when we're done in CA. Do they do any research?

Comment

Originally posted by skevimc View Post
                  Don't usually post over in the surgery section but the title made me click. He's in Raleigh huh? That's the general location (Raleigh-Durham-WS) we want to move when we're done in CA. Do they do any research?
                  Since he's in private practice, I don't think he does much research, although he definitely has an interest in collecting outcomes.

--Linda
                  Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
                  Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

I find it interesting that he (Dr.Hey) has time to blog in between surgeries.I will admit to being a bit "jaded", he seems a bit to good to be true
                    SandyC
                    SandyC

Comment

Originally posted by SandyC View Post
                      I find it interesting that he (Dr.Hey) has time to blog in between surgeries.I will admit to being a bit "jaded", he seems a bit to good to be true
                      SandyC
                      I don't know him but I know there are people who are driven... go to Ivy League schools, live to work... etc. etc. He strikes me as that type, the type that makes you wonder how he fits so much in the day.

I, of course, don't know any of that. Just my impression.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

I spoke to him on the phone. He was very personable and seemed very caring especially about quality of life issues that affect people with scoliosis.
                        Be happy!
                        We don't know what tomorrow brings,
                        but we are alive today!

Comment

Working...
                        X