View Full Version : Please HELP????

01-22-2010, 06:30 PM
Hello, I'm new here, and could use some advice. I just can't take the pain anymore. I don't know what kind of doctor to see?? I have tried Physical Therapy~~4 differant ones, and a Chiropactor, that could not work on me due to my Osteoporosis. I fell 1 year ago, and tried to brace my fall, which broke my arm. It is getting harder to walk, or ride to far in the car.

My back problems are;
1. Scoliosis
2. Osteoporosis
3. 1 Herniated Disk
4. 4 Buldging Disks
5. Sciatica

I also have Lupus, Fibromyalgia & Depression.
Can anyome please tell me if they think that I would be able to have surgery? Also, what kind of a doctor should I see?

I was my moms caregiver, and she was quite over weight, wheel chair bound & on oxygen. It was very hard when I had to take her to her doctors, but I would do it again!

I neglected myself, and only found out my conditions after she passed.
I would appreciate any and all information, that anyone could give to me.
I live at the NJ Shore.


loves to skate
01-22-2010, 08:49 PM
Hi Linda,

Have you seen an adult scoliosis specialist yet? If not, you need to see someone who specializes in adult scoliosis and also degenerative conditions of the spine. If you go to the Scoliosis Research Society web site, you can look for a physician in you area. When you pick out two or three doctors, you can come back on here and ask if anyone has any experience with any of your choices. I would suggest you start your thread in the adult first time surgery section. Are you being treated for the osteoporosis? Only a specialist can really tell you if you are a candidate for surgery because of your other health problems.

Also, there are pain clinics that might be able to help you. I really feel for you and hope you can get some help.


01-23-2010, 01:51 AM
Hey Linda
i echo what Sally just wrote...you need a scoli specialist...there are some great surgeons in NYC ...you dont have to choose surgery to be evaluated by them! also recommend a pain management doctor if you dont go with surgery...

are you on any meds now? for pain, depression, osteo? i am so sorry things were so tough for you...hopefully, you can address some problems now & things could improve somewhat for you


01-23-2010, 07:42 AM
I recommend you call Dr. Lawrence Lenke in St. Louis MO. He is adult scoliosis specialist and he will take good care of you. I know it seems hopeless and the pain is unending; but, hang in there. We are here to help and listen all we can. Please feel free to reach out to us and vent any time you need to. It is not as hopeless as you think - and I know - I'm in excruciatng pain also but I rely on these people here to help me through it sometimes. It really does make a difference. I have surgery scheduled with Dr. Lenke in July. He is world renowned, professional and very well educated and just a nice guy.

01-23-2010, 01:36 PM
Hey Linda
i think the closer you can find great doctors, the better...you live next to the greatest city...filled with excellent doctors! why go further than needed..unless for a second or third opinion? the closest place to good care to new jersey is new york!