Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pediatric orthopedic surgeon in SC

Hi,
    My son will be turning 14 on October 5. He was a 50/40 degree curve simiular to a s shape. The opthropedic doctor has recommened he have surgery, but he is in a tlso brace now to stop or slow the curve down. He really hates the brace, but he wears it anyway. He has to go back to the orthopedic doctor in November to see if the brace is working. I pray that the curve hasn't got any worse. I just want to know if anybody out there no of any pediatric orthopedic surgeron in South Carolina. We live in Anderson, SC and I know its a Shriner Hospital in Greenville, SC do anybody of any good doctors there? I want to research for the best doctors that have lots expericence in doing this surgery if when we go to the doctors in November the opthopedic doctor says he must have the surgery, because the brace isn't working.
    I really don't know much about this doctor and I don't think he has the experience to do this type of surgery on my son. Anderson is a small town and I think we need to go where there are more experience doctors to choose from. If anybody know of any please let me know. Thanks a concern & worried mother.
    Mary Ann Latimer

Hi Mary Ann,

My grandparents used to live in Anderson! I know where you are. LOL I agree that you need at least one other opinion about your son's scoliosis. This is a big surgery (if needed) and I would want to make sure the surgeon has extensive experience. The Shriners organization has excellent docs. You can call and ask their experience with this type of surgery and see if there are surgeons there who would be better treating your son. I hope you find someone who will be able to give you the confidence you need to make sure he gets the right treatment at the right time. Good luck and keep us posted.
    Carmell
    mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

Working...
    X