need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help

I'm a 31 yo female with thoracic scoliosis of 48 55 degrees,depending on what doctor is reading the xray, and a mild lumbar curve. Treated when I was 13 with a brace and curve of 45 degrees. I recently found out that I also have a thoracic cord syrinx. I'm in alot of pain with tingling to right side and aching to right arm and leg. I've done physical therapy, steroids, anti-inflammatories and muscle relaxers. I'm out of options and I don't know what to do now.

Having a child with severe scoliosis and spinal cord issues, I would suggest that you need to see a neurosurgeon who understands the implications of having a syrinx and scoliosis. A pediatric neurosurgeon would have more experience than an adult neurosurgeon. Hopefully they will be able to help you and you won't need surgery to drain the syrinx. That would be something they would need to consider. Good luck.
    Carmell
    mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

Kdawn -
      This sounds very familiar to myself. What is thoratic cord syrinx?
      Last edited by Danelle; 10-01-2004, 11:11 AM.
      Danelle

Comment

A syrinx is a fluid filled cyst inside the spinal cord. Sometimes it will get bigger and make scoliosis worse. It can also cause alot of other problems.

Comment

Working...
        X