Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• incision

HI!
    Its been a little over 2 months since my surgery, and im moving around pretty much like I was before. The only problem is the incision feels like its been ripped apart when i move a certian way. I had anterior and posterior, and the one that feels like that is the one at the top of my back going down about a foot. It hurts really bad at times, but it doenst feel like my rods are being hurt, it only feels like the skin. Has any one had this problem also?? If you know anything about it please tell me because im really paranoid about having to be put back in the hospital.
    Thanks and love
    Annie

massage is good for the incisions+

Annie,
    It's nothing serious that U need 2 go to the hospital....but I would suggest seeing a physical therapist who can massage the incision and the area around it..It seems that its to tight and should be loosened up....I go to PT and every session he manually massages my scar to keep the blood flowing, and to keep the incision free from restrictions....good luck
    CONNIE

Surgery June 28th 2004
    fused T4 -L3
    Hip graft
    Grown 1 1/2 inches
    25/o upper T 15/o
    53/o T 15/o
    37/o L 6/o
    Dr. Micheal Nuewirth
    New York City

August 6, 2004
    Pulmonary Embolism
    complication from surgery

January 2007 currently
    increasing pain at the T4/5
    point irratation heardwear

Comment

Hello!
      I had my operation 2 months and 5 days ago and yes i have slight pain around the scar. I had posterior operation. When i turn round it feels like im ripping open the scar.

Comment

Amber's incision felt like that for a few days after the bandages come off, but now she says it is still 'sort of numb' she has some feeling but not much and what she does feel she says is weird.
        I have a few scars myself and have found that creams with cocoa butter and vitamin E help, give a massage while rubbing them in. In Australia we can get Emu Oil, which is wonderful stuff but I don't know if you can get it any where else.
        Best wishes.
        Cheryl.

Comment

Working...
        X