Looking for some help of a different kind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for some help of a different kind

Hi all! For those of you who don’t know me I have a 10 year old daughter with congenital scoliosis and a cleft palette. Over the past 10 years she has had numerous surgeries to repair her palette, put tubes in her ears, casts for her scoliosis, back braces, growth rod surgeries, head gear, braces and the list goes on. Over the last 10 years I have done everything I can to help make things easier for my daughter. Personally I think I’ve come up with some pretty ingenious ideas of how to help her deal with all the crap she has to go through. I have attempted to find books to help her and to help me, unfortunately I haven’t been very successful in finding any books that really helped. Therefore I have decided to attempt to publish one of my own. Part of this book is going to be great ideas from other parents who have been on the same path and same challenges. Do you have any suggestions that have helped you and or your child (or if you are the patient also helped you) get through surgery, doctor’s visits, anything and everything in dealing with your life? I would love to hear your story! If you’re interested in being part of this please send me an email with your story and make sure to include a return email address in case I need to contact you. Thanks! esaellsworth@yahoo.com

You go girl! As a former Milwaukee brace wearer in my teen years, your daughter just needs to remember that she is a wonderful person. It is unfortunate sometimes the hand we are dealt, but we handle it and it makes us stronger and more aware of what we are capable of tolerating and the lengths we will go to take care of ourself. Kids can be cruel when out in pubic - but be strong.
    Rita Thompson
    Age 46
    Milwaukee Brace wearer for 3 years in childhood
    Surgery Mar 1st - 95 degree thoracic curve
    Surgery by Dr. Lenke, St. Louis, MO
    Post-surgery curve 25-30 degree

Comment

Working...
    X