My degree of curvature after surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My degree of curvature after surgery

I can't believe this. I went for a checkup today 3 weeks after my surgery. He says the incision is doing fine and all that, and he said he could estimate the curvature of my spine NOW. He says the top now looks like 15-20 degrees (It was 60 before surgery) and the bottom looks like 20-25 degrees (It was 64 before surgery) I can't believe this. My spine used to look like an S, it now looks like an almost completely straight I. I was so surprised and excited to hear the news. Sorry, I just had to tell all of you.
    Larari
    Two Curves
    One was in low 40's
    One in high 30's
    Braced for eight months
    Curves got worse
    The one in the 40's was now in the 60's
    The one in the 30's was now in the high 50's
    Surgery 8/25/04
    1 and 1/2 inches taller

CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm happy to see that you got so much correction. I'm also happy to read that you are pleased with the correction. Best of luck with your continued recovery.

Mary Lou
    Last edited by ; 09-19-2004, 08:31 AM.

Comment

This is awesome!!! I am so excited for you. I hope my daughter does as well as you!
      Susanna
      ~~~~~~
      Mother of a 17 year old daughter. Her "S" curve was 40 degree thoracic from T3 to T9, and a 70 degree rotatory thorcolumbar from T9 to L4. She was operated on March 9th, 2005 by Dr. Boachie-Adjei at the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC. She was fused from T11 to L3, using an anterior approach, and the major curve corrected to 20 degrees. She's doing great!

Comment

Congratulations on your pleasing result. It makes it the pain and worry worth it when you are happy with the outcome.
        You got a similar correction to my daughter. Wait until you see the next lot of x-rays they do. With all the instrumentation, Ask your doctor if you can take a photo of the before and after x-rays so that you can show people.
        I'm so happy for you.
        Best wishes.
        Cheryl.

Comment

Working...
        X