HEy everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HEy everyone!

OK i have a few questions! I am now wearing a brace, and i have been wearing it for 2 years now. The doctor told me that i would have to wear my brace at least till December! I really can't wait to get it off! How long did all of u wear your brace? Also did any of u get another brace to wear even though u didn't need it any more? And do any of u have any advice for me?? PLease help me!! Thanks all of u!

--Hannah 13 Indiana

Hi, I wore a brace for 7 years....yes 7 years. From age 6 when I was diagnosed and fitted to age 13 when I had my surgery to correct my curve. Do you have to have surgery after you get your brace off? That was the only reason I got to stop wearing a brace, because I had surgery. I didn't really like the brace too much. I was allowed 1 hour a day to go without it, but as I got older, that hour turned into a few hours..haha. Anyways, that's my little story.

-Julie

Comment

Hey I wore my brace for 5 years. I only got to stop wearing it because my pelvic bones grew together and that meant I would never get any taller. I didnt have to have surgery or anything so I was lucky. I hated my brace and I had about 5 or 6 of them when I was finally done. It was always hot and uncomfortable but I am so glad I stuck it out. It was so worth it. I just looked forward to that one hour a day I got to take it off! If it bothers you try wearing a tank top underneath it. That seemed to help me a lot. Also my brace had holes drilled in it so it was cooler. If yours doesnt have holes ask then if they can put some in there!

-Pauline

Comment

K thanks so much. I do wear these tank type tops so yeah. I don't have holes in it!! I will be sure to ask... Thanks so much!

Comment

hey hannah, i havnt gotten my braceyet, but i thin kyou are really lucky to be getting yours off, LUCKY YOU! I am really nervous and could really use some advice, im willing to talk to anyone! ~Liz Hanson

Comment

I wore mine for 6 years and I have an appt tomorrow to have it checked (first time in 18 years since I got the brace off).

Mine had holes and that saves you, so do the tshirts.

:-D

Comment

Working...
            X