side effects immediately after

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• side effects immediately after

my 12 yr daughter is on day #6 from here spinal fusion surgery, everything up until yesterday was to be expected except.....we got her up for another walk yesterday and her head moved off to the left and she was sort of blank for a moment starring off into space, also talking and acting like a little kid, at first i thought it was the pain meds, but she isnt on any hard narcotics anymore. I need advise or opinons fast. could the dr's have messed soemthing up?

Hi...

I've never heard of anything like that, but wouldn't get too crazy about it unless it continues.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Hi there,

Sorry to hear of your daughter's episode--it sounds to me like she was on the verge of fainting...perhaps got upright a little too quickly, or needs to drink more fluids. This can happen if someone bears down while trying to get up, also, especially if she was in some pain. I would definitely suggest you put a call in to her doc if it happens again.

Take care,
      Gayle, age 50
      Oct 2010 fusion T8-sacrum w/ pelvic fixation
      Feb 2012 lumbar revision for broken rods @ L2-3-4
      Sept 2015 major lumbar A/P revision for broken rods @ L5-S1

mom of Leah, 15 y/o, Diagnosed '08 with 26* T JIS (age 6)
      2010 VBS Dr Luhmann Shriners St Louis
      2017 curves stable/skeletely mature

also mom of Torrey, 12 y/o son, 16* T, stable

Comment

Working...
      X