Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scraping/Popping

Hi all,

I'm at 5 weeks post op and for the past 2 days I've been having scrapingn/popping noises in my back everytime I move. At first it didn't hurt, it was just more uncomfortable. But today it has started to hurt and is a lot more frequent. Has anyone experienced this?

popping/grinding

I'm at 5 weeks post op and for the past 2 days I've been having scrapingn/popping noises in my back everytime I move. At first it didn't hurt, it was just more uncomfortable. But today it has started to hurt and is a lot more frequent. Has anyone experienced this?[/QUOTE]

I had frequent popping and grinding type noices that felt like they were coming from my lumbar area but it was actually both hip joints and sacrum. I am about 2 1/2 months post op and fused from L5-T5 and I still have pops that seem to be in the middle of my back. It's hard to say where it is originating from. You should definitely let your doctor know especially if something is hurting and progressively getting worse! Good luck and keep us up to date with what the doc says:O) Hang in there....it gets better.
    Susan

Diagnosed at 10, Boston brace from 11-13 yrs old.
    50* Lumbar w/ 5 centimeter shift to the left and slight rib hump...
    Surgery Date: April 15 and April 22, 2009
    X-LIF approach for disc repair L5,L4,L3,L2
    Posterior Approach for fusions L5-T5
    Dr. Fox @ Naval Medical Center Portsmouth
    Nice and straight now!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by crystalalice88 View Post
      Hi all,

I'm at 5 weeks post op and for the past 2 days I've been having scrapingn/popping noises in my back everytime I move. At first it didn't hurt, it was just more uncomfortable. But today it has started to hurt and is a lot more frequent. Has anyone experienced this?
      Hi Crystal Alice...

Can you pinpoint the area from which the noises and sensations originate? And, what levels did you have fused?

Thanks.

Regards,
      Linda
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

I'm having poppings all up and down the area u have fused. So my lower thoracic and lumbar. I'm fused from t9 to my sacrum

Comment

Working...
        X