Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pregnancy

Hello,
    I am new but have a question. I am 3 months pregnant and my prenatal doctor told me that he is worried about me not being able to deliver because of the rods in my back. I am 19 and had surgery 18 months ago. Has anyone had a baby? Were you able to deliver normally? Were you able to get an epidural? I am freaking out. I am sorry.
    Thanks for any answers.
    Blue

Hi Blue...

Your implants should have no effect on delivery, other than the possibility of not being able to get an epidural. You might want to ask your OB doctor to put you in touch with someone in the anesthesia department where you'll be delivering.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Hi blue, I had two children without a problem. As linda said though, it would be a good idea to have a talk with an anaesthesist so he knows whats going on. I delivered the old fashioned way, and I just breezed through it.

Lorraine
      Operated on in 1966, harrington rods inserted from T4 to L3, here in Australia. Fusion of the said vertebrae as well. Problems for the last 14 years with pain.
      Something I feel deeply,"Life is like money,you can spend it anyway you wish, but can only spend it once.

Comment

no epidural?

Originally posted by Lorraine 1966 View Post
        Hi blue, I had two children without a problem. As Linda said though, it would be a good idea to have a talk with an anesthesiologist so he knows whats going on. I delivered the old fashioned way, and I just breezed through it.

Lorraine
        Dear Lorraine,

I'm having my 1st baby in October 2009. I had an epidural steroid injection into my spine at my L5-S1 area in Feb 2007. I'm wondering if you have a full length Harrington Rod along your back? If so, did you have problems pushing your baby out? You had NO epidural? What did you get (drug-wise) for any labor pain?

Thank you.
        Lisa

Comment

Working...
        X