Scottish Rite Hospital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scottish Rite Hospital

Does anyone have any experience with the Scottish Rite Hospital in Dallas? It has been suggested that this would be an excellent place to take our son, Nolan.

Scottish Rite Hopsital

I know that you probably taken your son to the hospital, but I was at Scottish Rite Hospital in Atlanta, Ga. They were great. How are you doing?

Comment

They are the best!

Originally posted by teresa.meyer View Post
      Does anyone have any experience with the Scottish Rite Hospital in Dallas? It has been suggested that this would be an excellent place to take our son, Nolan.

Yes we go there and I cannot speak highly enough about it! We have been to Cook Children's Hospital also, and Shriner's. Scottish Rite was our third opinion and the first to do an MRI to see if there were spinal cord issues due to rapid progression. We have Dr.John Birch who is the Assistant Chief of Staff and Medical Director of Ambulatory Care. He referred us to Children's of Dallas for her spinal cord surgery and she did her spinal fusion surgery with him and Dr. Daniel Sucato due to the complexities and expertise the two had. Dr. Sucato is the Director of the Center in Spine Research there. Dr. Birch has excellent nurses who always get back with any answers to questions. Private message me if you would like.
      Last edited by Mom37; 07-26-2009, 01:59 PM. Reason: add
      Shirley
      Mom to Amanda, 18, Scoliosis T58, previous Spinecor bracing for 9 months before diagnosed with Chiari I CM, and Syringomyelia (Syrinx) SM. CM/SM decompression surgery 12/4/06, Spinal fusion surgery with titanium rods and hardware and full correction 8/1/07 at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children.

Also mom to Megan, 14, with diagnosis PDD-NOS on the autism spectrum

Comment

That is where my surgery was 18 years ago. I also cannot say enough good things about them. I believe they are leaders in scoliosis research and treatment, and I have had far less complications from my surgery than many of the stories I read on this board. The doctors, surgeons, nurses, volunteers, everyone was awesome.
        Harrington Rods in 1991 at age 15
        Surgery at Scottish Rite in Dallas, TX

Fused from T-4 to L-3

Comment

Scottish Rite dallas tx

They are awesome. My son goes there for his infantile scoliosis. We see Dr Sucato and he is great. You will be in GREAT hands there!!!!

Melissa

Comment

Working...
          X