Kidney Disease and scoliosis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kidney Disease and scoliosis?

I was wondering if anyone else out there has scoliosis and Polycystic Kidney Disease? I had scoliosis surgery 24 years ago and things have been fine with my back since then, aside from the hump and those darned bra straps. Anyway, a few years ago I started getting acupuncture for other concerns and the acupuncturist, who knows me and knew about my scoliosis, asked me about my kidneys. She said in Chinese medicine it is believed that spinal problems have an effect on kidneys. Just last year I was diagnosed with PKD.
    Anyone else?
    shelly

Probably not Scoliosis related

Polycystic kidney disease

Polycystic Kidney Disease is a rare genetic disorder that hits 1 in 400 to 1 in 1,000 middle-aged to old-aged adults. There is a version that hits children but it's much rarer, 1 in 20,000 to 40,000 or so.

Your Scoliosis is unrelated.

If your Scoliosis is severe perhaps it lowered your general level of health and this accelerated the progression of your kidney disease.

Comment

Hi Shelly...

There are some syndromes in which both the kidneys and spine are affected, but I think these are all congenital problems. For example:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=U&start...lBPJHSl8VL0eQw

Regards,
      Linda
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
      X