Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leg problems..?

Hello there!

So lately Ive been thinking about my case. The doctors say its very unique because its so severe and scoliosis has thrown off my whole body just about and besides my back being the worst part with an over 100 degree curve and it gets worse by the day (having major operations at the end of next month and will be in the hospital for a couple months if not longer). Well its very obvious just by taking a quick glimpse at me but behind my knees my legs are webbed because the hamstrings and everything are so tight and the doctors feel that this may be scoliosis related. Ive seen many many doctors and they haven't seen anything like this. I feel alone and I'm wondering if anyone else has leg problems.

My son has very tight hamstrings but the only problem it seems to cause is a relative lack of flexibility overall.

I hope your surgery goes really well and that it helps your back and your legs. Hopefully you'll get some good physical therapy afterwards to help loosen up your legs and anywhere else that needs stretching and strengthening.
    Laurie

Mother of Alexander & Zachary:
    Alex is 16 years old and in the 11th grade. He has congenital scoliosis due to a hemivertebrae at T10. Wore a TLSO brace for 3 1/2 years. Pre-op curves were T45 & L65; curves post-op are approx. T31 & L34. Had a posterior spinal fusion from T8 to L3 on 7/12/07 at age 12. Doing great now in so many ways, but still working on improving posture.
    Zach is 13 years old and very energetic.

Comment

that does make sense, and yes, i do have tight hamstrings also (my hamstring that is the tightest is the side that has my hip higher). so yes, it is normal and most likely scoliosis related (it def. is in my case). hope that helps! i wish you the best of luck with your surgery. keep us posted!

Comment

Working...
      X