non surgical relief and scoliosis correction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• non surgical relief and scoliosis correction

I have a lower back curve that may qualify as scoliosis. I am adult athletic male that experiences total lower back muscular "blowouts" every 5 years or so which I believe is related to this spinal condition. Now that I am 38 the recovery time is getting longer (3-4 weeks) and the pain is nagging. Can anyone suggest a specific physical therapy or exersize course that I can try to get my back into shape again ? Any help much appreciated

pileep,
    The reason that you may not have had any replies to your post is because you said that you have a low back curve that "may qualify for scoli". If you have scoli, you need to have it confirmed by a doc. He (the doc) can then recommend some sort of exercise program for you.
    SandyC
    SandyC

Comment

Pileep...

If you find a good physical therapist, s/he might be able to find some ab strengthening exercises that can help you avoid the acute episodes.

Regards,
      Linda
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
      X