Used Brace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used Brace

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do with an old brace? This is the Charleston Bending Brace, the one that she was suppose to wear at night. If anyone knows of any organizations that could use this brace, please let me know. Thank you in advance!

Hi...

A brace for one child would never be appropriate for another child with scoliosis. I have, however, seen braces sold on eBay. I don't even want to think about why there's a market for them.

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Hi there,

I know at some point I read about a member either here or on the VBS dedicated forum collecting old braces for children in developing countries. She's an active member of the forum (I just can't remember who it is) so she'll probably see your post some point soon. I'm not sure how often the collections are done.
      mamandcrm

G diagnosed 6/08 at almost 7 with 25*
      Providence night brace, increased to 35*
      Rigo-Cheneau brace full-time 12/08-4/10
      14* at 10/09 OOB x-ray
      11* at 4/10 OOB x-ray
      Wearing R-C part-time since 4/10
      latest OOB xray 5/14 13*
      currently going on 13 yrs old

I no longer participate in this forum though I will update signature from time to time with status

Comment

Originally posted by mamandcrm View Post
        Hi there,

I know at some point I read about a member either here or on the VBS dedicated forum collecting old braces for children in developing countries. She's an active member of the forum (I just can't remember who it is) so she'll probably see your post some point soon. I'm not sure how often the collections are done.
        You are correct - in fact the member (Nate03) frequents both forums - you can do a search here for a thread called, I believe "Used Braces for Africa" where she talks about sending the braces there.
        mariaf305@yahoo.com
        Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
        Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

Working...
        X