Bending after surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bending after surgery

After surgery many surgeons tell there patients to try not to bend,lift or twist...well..I can bend pretty good to my knees, and I was wondering if thats a bad thing..It happened one day after I sneezed, I pulled a muscle that was so tight and stiff..so after that; I had more flexiblity and It's got me worring...

I still take pain meds for my back..I do feel my back starting to wake up..as we say...there are other aches and pains now..but lighter in nature ...I find that where ever I go I travel with a pillow..It is so comforting to lean back and feel softness..

My pulomnary embolism is being monitored by blood test and the drug coumindin..I still have chest pain when I take a deep breath.
    I'm always looking over my shoulder to see if I can see the hump...well I can see it..of course it's 90 percent better, but since I didn't have the thoroplasty I still have a slight bump..something I have to get over..My figure is nicer..I'm leaner and taller...so all in all I'm glad....I'm just waiting to write when I can say I have no more back pain...
    CONNIE

Surgery June 28th 2004
    fused T4 -L3
    Hip graft
    Grown 1 1/2 inches
    25/o upper T 15/o
    53/o T 15/o
    37/o L 6/o
    Dr. Micheal Nuewirth
    New York City

August 6, 2004
    Pulmonary Embolism
    complication from surgery

January 2007 currently
    increasing pain at the T4/5
    point irratation heardwear

Hey Connie,

I just sent you an e-mail and a picture, hope you got them. How did you find out that you had a blood clot? What made you go to the doctor? I'm 4 months now and I still take pain meds and muscle relaxers. I only took one of each today. Oh by the way everyone, I set off the alarm at the airport. They had a wheel chair for me because they were pretty long walks. They asked me if I could walk through the metal detector without holding on to anything and I said yes. I warned them that I was full of metal. When they ran the wand over my back it just continually beeped! They said, "Boy, you weren't kidding when you said that you were full of metal!" I go see the doctor this Friday about possible returning to work. Connie, I hope that you are doing better. And I can also bend forward somewhat. I can't bend enough to wash my face over the bathroom sink though. Theresa
    Theresa

April 8 & 12, 2004 - Anterior/Posterior surgery 15 hours & 7 hours
    Thorasic - 79 degree down to 22
    Lumbar - 44 degree down to 18
    Fused T2 to sacrum
    June 2, 2005 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @L3 7 hours
    MAY 21, 2007 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @ L2, extended the fusion to S2 and added pelvic instrumentation 9 hours

FUSED T2 - SACRUM 2

Comment

Working...
    X