Frustrated!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frustrated!

Argh! I know I shouldn’t be frustrated but I am! My surgeon had to push my surgery from Feb 26th to March 6th…I’m ready to have the surgery now! As well my mom is flying across the country from Nova Scotia to Alberta to be with me during and after my surgery. But now she fly’s home so soon after the surgery. I haven’t been able to get a hold of her yet, maybe we can rearrange her flights but still, it’s frustrating!
    Age 25 at time of correction
    Sergery March 6th, 2009
    T4 to L4

frustrated

I can understand your frustration! It takes so long to get yourself in the right mind set and than to have surgery pushed back I would be upset as well. Hang in there! I hope your mom can rearrange her flight schedule. You want her as long as possible after your surgery. Take care.....
    Susan

Diagnosed at 10, Boston brace from 11-13 yrs old.
    50* Lumbar w/ 5 centimeter shift to the left and slight rib hump...
    Surgery Date: April 15 and April 22, 2009
    X-LIF approach for disc repair L5,L4,L3,L2
    Posterior Approach for fusions L5-T5
    Dr. Fox @ Naval Medical Center Portsmouth
    Nice and straight now!!!!!

Comment

I'm so sorry that happened. I know sometimes surgeons have perfectly reasonable reasons to move surgery dates, but don't they realize that we've moved heaven and earth rearranging things so that we and our families can be cared for during our recovery? ((Hugs)) to you. March 6 will be here in a flash. I hope you can change your mom's flights.

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
      Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
      Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
      Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
      Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Less Frustrated Now...

Hi Guys.

So my mom wasn't able to get her vacation time adjusted however I have a God send mother-in-law who has volunteered to fly in from the west coast when my mom has to go home! I also have my husband who will be here for me!

I am less frustrated now, I guess I was just supper disappointed to have such a long awaited thing pushed back. I'm still sad that I won't have my mom here with me after I come home from the hospital but it means we get to spend more "normal time" together before the surgery. My mom and I don't get to see each other often due to the distance (Nova Scotia/Alberta), it's actually been a year and a half since we saw each other in person! Coincidentally last time I saw my mom i was looking after her in the hospital after she was in a horrible car accident! A man from England was driving on the wrong side of the road and hit my mom and her friends head on at a blind crest! So we need the "normal time" to catch up!
        Age 25 at time of correction
        Sergery March 6th, 2009
        T4 to L4

Comment

Working...
        X