Need recommendaton for Indianapolis docs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need recommendaton for Indianapolis docs

I would greatly appreciate any recommendations for orthopedic surgeons in Indianapolis specializing in adolescent scoliosis. Has anyone used any of these docs? Dr. John Lubicky, Dr. Terry Trammel, Dr. William P. Didelot, Dr. Randy Loder? I am at the point of needing a second opinion for my 16-year old daughter. Her curve measures 54 degrees now. Thank you!

I was going to suggest Dr. Lubicky. I don't have personal experience with him but I've seen his name come up quite often. He's supposed to be one of the best.
    mariaf305@yahoo.com
    Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
    Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

Hi.
      I live in Indy and my daughter has scoliosis. I know all of those doctors. They are all very nice and are competent. Lubicky is by far the best for scoliosis. Send me an e-mail if you want more information.
      Lisa

Comment

This is a late reply, but (m)

I highly recommend Dr. Lubicky. We used to see him when he was at the Chicago Shriners as chief of staff and we loved him. He is very good. I would even travel to see him if I had to (but we do like our new doctor in Chicago).

Nola

Comment

Made a decison

In talking to various physician acquaintances, the advice they gave me was to go with my intuition. The books also say that the patient has to be comfortable with the surgeon and the decision. The second opinions we got were more different than one would think they would be. Ultimately, we decided to schedule the surgery with Dr. Trammel. My daughter has complete confidence in him I think that will be a big part in her not worrying. Her surgery is June 18th so I need to consult the forum on what to expect and post-op. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
          X