Sore ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sore ribs

I have a recurrent problem with sore ribs on my right side. The chiropractor tells me that this is caused by my (mild) scoliosis. It just feels like the ribs are rubbing together and they feel sore and inflamed. It doesn't hurt to move or to breathe and I've had this, off and on, for about 7 years. It hurts most after I have been sitting down at work for long periods. I bought a new chair in the office, have made various adjustments to my desk, keyboard etc but the problem continues. I have a 30 minute drive to work each way and I work about 7 hours a day - I do move around and try to stretch, but, by the end of the day, when I get a flare-up, I just feel really uncomfortable.
    Does anyone else have this problem and, if so, how do you deal with it? I try ice packs, ibuprofen, hot showers and I do try to sit straight (not slouch at my desk!) but nothing seems to work very much apart from going away on vacation......
    I would appreciate any ideas - this thing is getting really old!

rib pain

Hi there...

I'm no expert on this, but I have a severe scoliosis and have read a lot about pain related to scoliosis, and I think you might want to get a second opinion from another doctor about your pain. If your scoliosis is really mild, there shouldn't be any cause for rib pain...

Good luck in finding out the cause, and keep us updated.
    Best wishes,
    Laura
    30y/o
    Upper curve around 55
    Lower curve around 35

Comment

Sore ribs

Thanks for getting back to me.
      I actually had some x-rays taken today and the chiropractor showed me that not only do I have mild scoliosis but I also have some arthritis, with narrowing of the spaces between the lower vertebrae.
      The ribs (or rather the muscles between the ribs) are sore because of the curvature which pulls my rib muscles on one side.
      It's the muscles and nerves that are causing the problem so I have some new exercises to do.
      Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
      X