No announcement yet.

4 weeks post op...sum questions...help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 weeks post op...sum questions...help?

hi, i just got surgery about 4 weeks ago and im having a little trouble and i just wanted 2 c if the symptoms im having are normal or wat. ive just been having these constant stomach aches that never seem 2 go away. they will subside every once in a while but they nevere seem 2 fully subside. its preventing me from eating as much as i would like and im not really sure wat 2 do. i called my doc and am supposed 2 hear from him soon and i tried over the counter stuff for it but it doesnt help very much. is this normal or maybe i just caught like the stomach flu or sumthin. my appetite hasnt come back at all since the surgery really and im getting kinda concerned...thanx for any help.
    ~Zach

thezman,

I'm sorry your stomach is upset.
    Are you taking any medication that may set better with food?
    Or maybe need to switch to a milder one?
    Hope that helps.
    Good luck and congratulations on getting done with your surgery.
    Keep us informed and get better soon!
    now 16 yr old daughter
    with worsen 65 degree upper curve
    surgery Nov 3, 04

Comment

My daughter is 3 months post-op and is still having trouble with having not much of an appetite. I think it is mainly because she is not doing very much (using a lot of energy). Your body only needs to replace what it uses and you just don't get hungry. I have been getting her to eat small amounts frequently and it does seem to be helping. As for the stomach pains. How is your bowel? Depending on where the pain is it could mean anything. It could be wind pain or even constipation. Medication can cause both. It could even be strained muscles. Keep trying to see your doctor.
      Best wishes.
      Cheryl.

Comment

thanx 4 the help...unfortunately i dont think its my meds because i stopped taking them about 4 days ago all 2gether. i think its just some stomach virus i got easily because my body was weak after the surgery. it is getting better very slowly and gradually. i think im just gonna have 2 wait it out until it gets better on its own and keep eating normally. thanx again 4 the help.
        ~Zach

Comment

stomach upset

When I came off narcotic pain meds I also had this; my pain doctor said it is withdrawal symptoms. It had to run its course-I think maybe a week or so but I hated it. I also got very depressed but I was on pain meds for 3 months.

I talked to others about this and they had the same thing. They were on pain meds for a much shorter time.

Karen
          Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
          Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

o thanx...i hope that is all it is... thats sorta reasuring...just gotta push through it i guess. the only thing that makes me wonder is that i was only on the pain meds 4 about 3 1/2 weeks and on a pretty low dose but that could very well b it b/c pepto bismol and stuff only take the pain away a minimal amount and everything else is normal with my body so theres not much else it could b. ill definately ask my doctor next time i talk 2 him. thanx again!
            ~Zach

Comment

Working...
            X