New to this site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to this site

Hello, I am 44 years old and have a 56 degree idiopathic scoliosis. I have been in a lot of pain for about the last three years. I have always been told by the docs I have seen that scoliosis does not cause pain and that there is nothing they can do for me. I finally saw a spine surgeon who gave me flexiril and neurontin. this helps me get through the nights. I got a new family physician who prescribed darvacet N100 and cymbaltic. The cymbaltic gave me anixety and I quit taking it. Surgery is not an option for me because I have no medical insurance. Is anyone out there on disability for the sole diagnosis of idiopathic scoliosis. I am working but it is only a matter of time before I can no longer work due to drug induced fog and the pain is massive. I have recently been told that the older I get the worse I will become. I am a little devistated about this news. I have always been told this would be okay and not get any worse once I quite growing!!!! Now what!!!

Welcome,
    I know how you feel as well as a lot of other people here. I was also told Scoliosis does not cause pain and we all know IT DOES!!! Are you seeing an adult Scoliosis specialest? If not you should. I went through all kinds of pain management and drugs and I found nothing helped until I had the surgery. Is there anyway you could get insurance? I never went on disability except for the recovery and I hear its not easy to get for this but If you are in that much pain I would certainly try.

Best of Luck
    Patty 51 years old
    Surgery May 23, 2007(43 Birthday)
    Posterior T3- L4
    Pre surgery curves
    T-53degrees
    L-38degrees
    and a severe side shift to the right.
    Post surgery curves
    Less than 10 degrees
    Surgery April, 2006
    C4 - C6

Comment

Hey thanks, I am glad I am not alone in this. For so long I thought I was. Yes I can get insurance however they will put a rider on it so that it will not cover anything to do with my back, how convenient huh? The Dr visits and the meds are expensive enought. I will keep searching for a solution.

Comment

Working...
      X