Epidural Injections--Any Luck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epidural Injections--Any Luck?

About two years ago I had a trio of them done on me, and I can't say they worked worth a hoot. Have many of you seen great relief after having them? I must say that after my second one, I felt brand new, but after the third it was like I had never had any. I'm sure not sold on them, but I'd sure like to hear some success stories. Given enough, I might go back for more.

injections for pain relief

Hi Elmer,

I had three injections (two weeks apart) last year for low back pain. They didn't really help me at all.

Apparently, most people get a lot of relief from the treatment. I only believe this because I met two people who were completely relieved of pain after 2 and 3 injections respectively. They were incredibly enthusiastic about them.

I guess I must have just been unlucky! My MD started me on very low dose anti-depressants, and it cut the pain in half. I'd really recommend them for ongoing pain.

Hope this helps.
    Laura
    30y/o
    Upper curve around 55
    Lower curve around 35

Comment

Going in I don't know how these things are supposed to work, but as you did, I had one set of injections per week. After the second one, I wanted to tell the doctor how much better I felt so we can stop there, but he didn't have time for me to talk. Never had a chance to see the doc for the third because I was in dreamland when he attended to me, but I was scheduled to come back in for a followup in a week so finally was able to tell him the treatment stunk. Not that succinctly but I did get to the point. With that, he didn't have any more time for me and the followup was finished. Maybe a doctor with working ears and a few more minutes per awake patient would be more help.
      I'm sorry your injections didn't work either. I know that they have worked for some, I just can't think of any one specifically. That feeling I had after week one was the best I'd felt in years, so I know they 'can' work. Just how often and with which doctors is probably a better question. Glad to hear that something has helped for you though.

Comment

Working...
      X