Surgery in 8 hours . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surgery in 8 hours . . .

Amazingly, I'm feeling calmer today. I feel like most things are done, and what isn't done can wait. I've had a great weekend with family, doing fun things. I gave myself a perm a few nights ago (with my daughter's help) to have a little body in my hair so it's not so limp and greasy-looking after surgery. Painted my toenails, too. Just little things I wanted to do that made me feel better. I talked to Debbe on Saturday, and that was great. Thanks, Debbe.

Thanks to everyone for thoughts and prayers tomorrow. Please send good thoughts for my husband and dad, who will be going through at least 8 hours in the waiting room. I feel pretty calm, and feel like I have already surrendered and let go. My daughter Sarah will post (or call Debbe to post) as soon as she can.

Much love to all of you,
    Lisa
    Lisa MS
    age 46

Braced 1976 - 1980, corrected to 19" then
    Spinal fusion, a/p, 8 vertebrae, 11/17/08
    Lumbar curve was 57 degrees, now 24 degrees
    Dr. Doug Wong, Panorama Ortho, Golden, Colo.

Lisa,

I'm so glad you're feeling relaxed & ready to go. I'll be thinking of you & your family overnight (my time), & up looking for good news in the morning...and I just know I'll find GREAT news!

Best of luck to you, & a big thanks for organising to update us all (thanks, Debbe!).

Take care. Thinking of you all.

Comment

Lisa-- I'm sending prayers and healing thoughts for you... and looking forward to hearing that excellent report on your surgery. I'm excited too, knowing that the next step for you is tough, but so thrilling too-- initial recovery and adjustment to all that reconstruction. You'll do great! Hugs, Susie
      71 and plugging along... but having some problems
      2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
      5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
      Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
      CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
      10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

I guess you're in there already Lisa! You are in my thoughts. I can't wait to hear how you did.

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
        Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
        Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
        Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
        Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Thinking of you today, Lisa, and sending you my very best wishes for a speedy recovery. Chris

Comment

You're in my thoughts today, Lisa.... Also your hubby and dad. Only positive thoughts of course!! You'll do great!!

Comment

The big day is nearly behind you Lisa. That in itself is fabulous. You can put all that energy you previously put into worrying, into your recovery. Sending very best wishes to you and your husband and Dad.
              Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
              Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
              T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
              Osteotomies and Laminectomies
              Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Working...
              X