An update!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An update!

Well ,we finally went to Miami children s hospital. The DR called my 12 year old's scoliosis genetically based. He didn't ask if anyone in the family had it. She has to wear a TLSO brace Her main curve was 35 degree's
    A plastic brace living in Florida? ugh! At least it wont be as hot this time of year,but its still hot.
    How do you sleep in it? is is really uncomfortable?

thanks,
    Jennie

My son wore a brace for over 3 years. Summers were always the hardest time of year because of the heat. We don't even have air conditioning because (almost no one does) it's really only needed for a week or two and most people get by with fans. So assuming you do have air conditioning, living in Florida, I would imagine that night times would be the easiest for your daughter. They really were for my son because he was unconscious. He got used to sleeping in the brace really quickly and on really hot or active days, night times were the main times he could be comfortable. Make sure you have a lot of cotton tank tops (we used A-line undershirts) for her to wear under the brace. Good luck with everything.
    Laurie

Mother of Alexander & Zachary:
    Alex is 16 years old and in the 11th grade. He has congenital scoliosis due to a hemivertebrae at T10. Wore a TLSO brace for 3 1/2 years. Pre-op curves were T45 & L65; curves post-op are approx. T31 & L34. Had a posterior spinal fusion from T8 to L3 on 7/12/07 at age 12. Doing great now in so many ways, but still working on improving posture.
    Zach is 13 years old and very energetic.

Comment

Thanks Laurie,

It sounds like your son did really well with his,its good thats behind him now.

Jennie

Comment

Working...
      X