Bad Bad day!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Bad day!!!!

Well guys went for our blood donation today. They could not take Danielle's blood as her hemoglobin was to low. They did get a unit out of me. Waited my fifteen minutes felt fine. Went to craft store with Danielle, got some lunch felt fine. Drove Danielle back to school and on my way home blacked out and crashed my car into a neighbours front yard taking out some bushes and a tree. Wow not a good day. I am fine, car not so good but it could have been alot worse, I find myself saying that alot as of late. Hoping for better days real soon!!!!
    Catherine
    Mom of 14 year old Danielle
    T45 degree curve Feb 2008
    T47 degree curve May 2008
    T50 degree curve Sept 2008
    Surgery Nov 24th 2008
    Ontario, Canada

Catherine,

I am so sorry to hear about your day. That must of been really scarry for you, I am glad your daughter was not in the car with you, that could of been really upsetting for her at this point. I hope everything goes better from here on out.

Best of Luck with the upcoming surgery.
    Patty 51 years old
    Surgery May 23, 2007(43 Birthday)
    Posterior T3- L4
    Pre surgery curves
    T-53degrees
    L-38degrees
    and a severe side shift to the right.
    Post surgery curves
    Less than 10 degrees
    Surgery April, 2006
    C4 - C6

Comment

I'm glad to hear that you are ok.

Please take care of yourself, too!

Comment

Big healing hugs to you. I hope your day today is much better. Sounds like you could use a break from reality for a while. Hang in there... it can and WILL get better.
        Carmell
        mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

Oh, Catherine--

I'm so sorry to hear about your no-good bad day. I'm glad you are safe and hope things improve from now on.

Mary Ellen

Comment

Aww, I hope your day gets better. At least you and your daughter are safe.

You know, we were learning about blood in school a few weeks ago, and I blacked out in the hallway. I'm very squeamish.
            I don't think of my back brace as a disadvantage.

I think of it as something that will help me, and I am fortunate to have the oppurtunity to fix my scoliosis.

Comment

Thanks for all your well wishes. Today was a better day!!!!!! 21/2 weeks to go and then we can move forward.
              Catherine
              Catherine
              Surgery Nov 24th 2008
              Ontario, Canada

Comment

Hi Catherine,
                I don't normally post in here anymore, being in the surgery forum (as you'd know), but noticed your post and was quite shocked. I did not know. I am sorry this happened and honestly think the hospital should have been aware that there may be a delay in the reactions to these tests/donations. How horrible. I am glad it wasn't worse and you are OK.

I am sending you huge cyber *hugs* LOL!

Anyway, Tahlia has her operation in less than 72 hours and i am shit-scared (forgive the French!). And I know that Danielle is not far off either. So I hope you are recovered from your accident and managing to keep calm and relaxed. I am not but then again, I have not decided what to do. The doctors are asking me to decide between anterior/posterior or posterior only because of Tahlia's reduced lung capacity (40 degrees) they think anterior is risky, but are not sure how much correction they can get anyway because her curve is quite stiff. OMG! How do i decide that.

Anyway, please let me know how you are going.

Lisa
                Mum to Tahlia, aged 15. Fused from T2 - L3, 18/11/08.

Comment

Thanks Lisa
                  I am ok. I have been thinking of you everyday by the way your french is correct as far as I am concerned. 9 days to go for us the stress id just way too much. My migranes have been brutal and I am doing everything possible to be there for Danielle not so easy when your head feels like it going to explode. How are you or dare I ask I feel for you having to make that decision I can't say what I would do but I think i would go for the safer of the two and hope for the best correction possible but you will do what feels right at the time just have faith. Good luck and I look forward to hearing from you. Cyber hug right back at you
                  Catherine
                  Surgery Nov 24th 2008
                  Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
                  X