Need Excellent Adult Scoliosis Surgeon In South Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Excellent Adult Scoliosis Surgeon In South Carolina

38 year old mother of two children(ages 5 & 3) looking for South Carolina Surgeon who does at least 75% of his/her surgeries in adults. Have gotten a second opinion from Dr. Anthony Moreno in Clearwater, FL but he is 8 hours away and would put a heavy burden on my family. Will be seeing Dr. Lloyd Hey at Duke University on August 5th who is 5 hours away......

thanks scarolinagirl

Thanks so much for asking about docs in SC!! I also live in SC and was so glad to find a doc in Charleston. Others near here I have heard of are: Dr. Scott Boden at Emory Spine Ctr. and Dr. Moreno in Clearwater, FL. Will definitely check out Dr. Dennis in Chas. Good luck with your search for the right doc. Janet

Comment

scarolinagirl

I saw Dr. Dennis in Charleston today and liked him very much. I have been having lower back pain, pain radiating down left leg, pain at bottom of neck and across shoulders. My fusion was done in 1976 when I was 22 years old. T4-L1. My L3 disc is pretty much gone and I now have about a 30 degree curve out from the rod although the rod is intact and fusion looks good. I daon't understand how this happens but have heard of it happening. He cannot do the type of surgery I need because he says they(the hospital) won't give him enough staff in the OR to handle a case like mine. I am going to call Dr. Scott Boden at Emory Spine Ctr in Atlanta tomorrow. Atlanta is actually closer to me than Chas. since I live in the Upstate. Will Probably also call Dr. LLoyd Hey in Raleigh, NC. Wish I could get to Missouri to see Dr. Lenke who is a world renown doc. May do that if not satisfied with the others. Another doc to check out is Dr. Moreno in Clearwater, FL. So, for me, the search is on after all this I heard today that I didn't want to hear. I just felt stunned or in shock when I left his office. Dr. Dennis also said I have flatback syndrome which really shocked me. This has been a rough, depressing day for me. Good luck in your search as well. Keep in touch and let me know what is going on with you.
      My private e-mail address: chaquita53@hotmail.com--feel free to write me there if you want. Wishing you pain free--Janet

Comment

Working...
      X