Someone to talk to...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone to talk to...

Hi, My name is Kadi and I'm 16. I was diagnosed with scoliosis last summer and have been checking out this website for a while now reading what others have said and truely thinking about what they've had to say. Ive had the boston back brace for almost five months now and I have and appointment with my Surgeon on august 16th to see if things are looking any better. I was wondering if there was anyone willing to talk to me. Im kind of scared because they think if the pain doesnt seize and the two curves dont correct themselve than they will put me through surgery... If there is someone willing to talk to me and help me out with any questions or someone just to talk to my email is subtle_attraction@hotmail.com Thanks for listening to me.
    Kadi
    ~*~KaDi~*~

Hi Kadi,
    I can't really help you out, because I'm a Mom with a 2.5 year old son who has scoliosis! I do have a suggestion though, try going to www.spinekids.com - there are lots of young girls on that site, who have had braces, had surgery, ect. They seem really friendly and supportive!! Maybe you could give it a try!!
    Good Luck with everything
    Cathy(Nicky's Mom)

Comment

Thank You Very Much!! Good Luck To you and your son!!
      ~*~KaDi~*~

Comment

You're welcome, Kadi! Hope you have fun on the other site! It looks like a fun place to "hang out". Best wishes to you! I will keep an eye out for your posts on the other site, so I can find out how you are doing!!
        Cathy(Nicky's Mom)

Comment

Hi Kadi:

Haven't seen you on SpineKids.com yet, so will add my recommendation to that of the other mums. The scoli girls over there are all talking about clothes and sports and hotties and stuff. Useful things to know, and helps you to remember that there's more to you than your curvy spine. My daughter (13 years old, 42/36 degrees) is kind of shy and doesn't post much, but it makes her feel a lot better to know they're all out there. Hope you'll have a go.

Patricia
          (from New Zealand)
          Patricia
          Scoli Mum from New Zealand
          Daughter Caitlin's surgery 2nd May 2005
          Posterior fusion T3 - L1

Comment

talk

Kadi, I sent you an email. If you need anything just ask. ~Derek

Comment

I know how you feel

Hi Kadi,
              My name is Molly. I am 17 and I was diagnosed with scoliosis about 6 years ago when I was in the 6th grade. The summer after my 6th grade year they decided to put me in the Boston Brace. At the time my curve was about 30 degrees. I wore the brace for 3.5 years....because I had grown so fast in a matter of like 6 months, the brace wasn't able to hold my spine in place and the lumbar curve had increased to 40 degrees, and the thoracic curve to 30 degrees. I was incredibly scared, but they said that if I hadn't had the brace, my spine would have curved out of control and I would have had to have surgery definitley. So I encourage you to keep wearing your brace, and if your doctor has given you exercises to do, DO THEM, they help. I will pray for you that you will not have to go through the surgery, and that your pain will go away. I had to go through a very stressful year after the Dr's had decided to take me out of the brace, because I was incredibly scared that my spine was going to curve more than it already had, but it hadn't curved. I found out this past January that they believe that my spine has completely stopped curving and that I am done growing so that it shouldn't move anymore. You just have to have hope, and believe that God will watch over you.

Comment

Working...
              X