Prayers Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayers Needed

I'm sorry if this is inappropriate for this forum, although the oldest daughter in the story has Scoliosis and I didn't really know where to put it.

There was a house fire in my town yesterday. The news wasn't saying whose house it was. I came home from work only to find out my family knows the now homeless family. The 15 y.o. is in my youngest daughter's class in school. The young lady has also been involved with our Scoliosis support group from time to time.

Both parents have been flown to a burn center. The doctors aren't sure if the father is going to make it as he was burned over 80% of his body. I'm not sure of the mother's condition at this point. Several family pets were lost. And the family which consists of the parents, a grandmother and three kids, have lost everything.

Our community has really come together to take care of their immediate physical needs, but they really need our prayers.

Mary Lou
    Last edited by Snoopy; 08-22-2008, 05:38 AM.
    Mom to Jamie age 21-diagnosed at age 12-spinal fusion 12/7/2004-fused from T3-L2; and Tracy age 19, mild Scoliosis-diagnosed at age 18.

OMG, Mary Lou - how awful!!!

It goes without saying that they have my prayers, but please let me know if there is anything else you are collecting for them (money, clothes, school supplies, etc.)

You have my e-mail address and you know I'm happy to help in any way I can.
    mariaf305@yahoo.com
    Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
    Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

Thanks Maria for your kind offer, but right now things are being taken care of. Just please pray for them.

I am so proud of our community. Everyone has come together for this family. I called a few neighbors the other day and the back of my SUV is now full of food and clothing. I've also received several gift cards and cash. I stopped at the house again yesterday and there was a tent set up with enough food and drinks to feed an army!

Thanks again for your kind offer. Keep the prayers coming.

Mary Lou
      Mom to Jamie age 21-diagnosed at age 12-spinal fusion 12/7/2004-fused from T3-L2; and Tracy age 19, mild Scoliosis-diagnosed at age 18.

Comment

Big hugs and prayers to this family, and all those helping. I can't even imagine how awful this experience has been. We had a house fire when I was 13, but no one was injured. Thankfully. Losing everything in the house is very hard emotionally and physically, but having severe injuries is life-changing. Please keep us posted on how the family is doing. Extra hugs for a full and comfortable recovery for the parents.
        Carmell
        mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

Ditto what Carmell and Maria said, Mary Lou. Prayers will certainly go out to this family, especially the parents...what a reminder for everyone that life can change in an instant. It's wonderful to see a community come together so quickly to give support to a family during a time like this. Please keep us posted on how the family is doing.

Renee

Comment

Maria, Carmell and Renee, thank you from the bottom of my heart. It's like my mom always told me....you find out who your true friends are in a time of crisis. I talk to people all the time about my "Scoli friends" and I knew I could count on you ladies for not only your prayers, but for your support. It means a lot. When I started this Scoli journey five years ago, I was scared out of my mind (as you've all felt as well)! By coming to this forum I thought I'd get information. Boy was I wrong! Yes, I've learned so much from this forum, but what I got is true friendships. Scoli brought us together, but I think if we'd have met somewhere other than this site, I think we still would have been friends! Thanks ladies for always being here for me.

The last report I received was yesterday. The dad had surgery on his legs and the mom had her breathing tube removed.

Carmell, I'm sorry for your families loss. Although it was a few years ago, I'm sure there are times that it seems like yesterday.

Mary Lou

Comment

Working...
            X